It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
(female)

wendyk33 HB Userwendyk33 HB User
Question Had nerve block

Hi, I had my nerve block today and am not finding any improvement yet. I am actually in a bit more pain and am wondering if anyone had this problem. During my block the dr hit a nerve that goes down my hip and the front of my let. It hurt so bad it lifted me right off the table! He took the needle out and put it in again and this time it was ok. But, my hip hurts alot and it hurts to walk. Did this happen to anyone else? If so, did the pain last? I am really not looking forward to any more pain! Please let me know if this happened to anyone else and the end result. Thanks!

The following user gives a hug of support to wendyk33:
tayden (10-01-2011)
Old 09-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
(female)

*pamela* HB User
Re: Had nerve block

After my first one I had some swelling that caused some pain to me, and I didn't reach the part where I felt significant pain relief until after a few days had passed. Take it a day at a time

The Following User Says Thank You to *pamela* For This Useful Post:
wendyk33 (09-29-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
(male)

tayden HB User

Hey Wendy,im sorry the blocks didnt do much for you.I had similar results with mine,the first one hurt like hell,I actually yelled it hurt so bad and it did not provide me with any relief.The second one was about a week later and this time it didnt hurt but again I did not get any pain relief from the block.I have read a lot of posts about nerve blocks and some people get really good results and pain relief for an extended period of time.I suppose its one of those things that you either respond well or it doesnt really do anything.RSD stinks,I wish you well and hope and pray you get the pain relief you deserve,good luck!

Old 10-02-2011, 04:07 AM   #4
(female)

wendyk33 HB Userwendyk33 HB User

Hi, its been 5 days since the nerve block and I keep waiting for it to work but still nothing. I had to wake up last night and take pain meds to get some sleep. I try not to do do that but had to last night. Did anyone find that the pain got worse after the block? I dont know if its actually worse or if I was so excited and hopful for pain relief that it seems like it is worse.

Thanks Tayden and lolobi for your replys. I really am looking for support right now, esp where the blocks didnt work. Tayden, did ur blocks work eventually? Not sure if I will have more or not, esp with this dr.

Did anyone try laser for pain? there is a dr here that has promising results with them and I am trying to get in to see him. Heres hoping for good results?

Have a great day!

Old 10-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #5
(male)

tayden HB User

Hey Wendy,as far as my blocks they never did anything,I guess they were trying to see if I would be a candidate for an SCS,which they determined I was not.I was told originally that I might get pain relief from the blocks they said anywhere from a couple days to possibly weeks,unfortunately I didnt get any.Im not a huge fan of pain meds but I finally found a combination works really well for me,it took like two years and a lot of trial and error but I have a pretty good hold on most of my pain if you didnt have much luck with the blocks I dont know if I would keep trying I think your supposed to feel it working within like 24 to 48 hours after that its probably not effective,Hope I helped a little,again good luck to you and I hope things get under control best wishes for you to be pain free!

Closed Thread