It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
(female)

JuJu Burd HB User
RSD & Itching of extremities

It's me again...I have RSD of the left hand, 18 months since diagnoses, 6 months pain free I have suffered itching of both arms for about 1 month, most severe after showering. Today it is almost unbearable I've put on lotion, taken Benedryl...is this common? Is it RSD related??

Thanks for your insight. I hope I don't jump off the balcony! This is making me crazy
Ju Ju Burd

Old 10-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
(female)

Imamooch HB UserImamooch HB User
Re: RSD & Itching of extremeties

This might sound crazy and when I heard it I thought it was but this has helped me. It is topical and should not be used when the pores are open. Get UDDER CREAM & PURE PEPPERMINT OIL. In NY they sell the udder cream in CVS the peppermint oil you might need either a health food store or a pharmacy (it has to be pure). The udder cream comes in a tub jar. Mix the full bottle of peppermint oil I think it is a one or two ounce bottle stir it well and spread it on. I will warn you, it is not an unpleasant smell but it is a very pungent peppermint smell. I have found that it helps not only with the itch but with the dull ache that I have also. It does nothing for the burning and nothing for the severe pain, but I am of the thought that every little bit helps. I have RSD on the entire left side of my body. Give it a try and I hope it works for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
(female)

JuJu Burd HB User
Re: RSD & Itching of extremities

Thanks for the great idea! It's calmed down a bit. I believe the severe itching is caused by an increase in circulation. That makes sense as I have recently tried to include a cardio dance class to my exercise regime. It's too much jumping & fast movement even when I keep my hand at my side. I can make it through the full hour but I do experience some pain. It's not severe pain, more of an ache in my arm & hand. Hard to lose the weight I've gained from the many meds I've been on the past 16 months.

Any tips on exercise? I walk every day but rarely work up a sweat Thanks again!

Closed Thread