It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2003, 07:48 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

AngeInBoston HB User
Question ~~What's the Difference between Percocet and Norco??~~

Hi Everyone!

My husband (Ramrod Joe) is currently on Demerol, Percocet, Valium, Ultram, and Elavil. He's so happy about the Demerol, it's the only thing that gets to his pain, but he usually chases it with two Percocets too.....He's thinking about Norco because he's heard it's the equivalent of two Percocets.....Any thoughts?

So, his EXACT question is: What is the difference between Norco and Percocet?

Thanks, Ange and Joey

Old 07-12-2003, 08:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Horsie Nutt HB User
Here's what I could find so far. I hope it helps. I think it would depend on what dosage you take.

Percocet
Pronounced: PERK-o-set
Generic ingredients: Acetaminophen & Oxycodone hydrochloride
Other brand names: Endocet, Roxicet, Tylox

Percocet, a narcotic analgesic, is used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain. It contains two drugs--acetaminophen and oxycodone. Acetaminophen is used to reduce both pain and fever. Oxycodone, a narcotic analgesic, is used for its calming effect and for pain.

The usual dose is 1 tablet every 6 hours. Doctors sometimes prescribe a higher dose if necessary. The maximum daily dose recommended for each strength is as follows:
7.5 strength: 8 tablets
10 strength: 6 tablets

(they also have a 2.5 and a 5mg strength)

--------------------
Norco: see Vicodin

Brand name:
Vicodin
Pronounced: VY-koe-din
Generic ingredients: Hydrocodone bitartrate & Acetaminophen
Other brand names: Anexsia, Co-Gesic, Hydrocet, Lorcet, Lortab, Maxidone, Norco, Zydone

Vicodin combines a narcotic analgesic (painkiller) and cough reliever with a non-narcotic analgesic for the relief of moderate to moderately severe pain.

All forms of Vicodin are taken every 4 to 6 hours as needed for pain. The usual dose of Vicodin is 1 or 2 tablets, up to a maximum of 8 tablets per day. The usual dose of Vicodin HP is 1 tablet, up to a maximum of 6 tablets per day. For Vicodin ES, the usual dose is 1 tablet, up to a maximum of 5 tablets per day.

Vicoden- 5/500mg
Vicodin ES- 7.5/750mg
Vicodin HP- 10/660mg

I hope Joe has a low pain weekend,
Cathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2003, 08:52 PM   #3
Inactive

stickgirl HB User
Norco is vicaden with less tylenol

I take it, every 3-4 hrs. Norco 10/325 from my pain management dr.

Hope you both have a good evening

[This message has been edited by stickgirl (edited 07-12-2003).]

Old 07-14-2003, 08:07 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

AngeInBoston HB User
Oh Thank you for you your replies, I didn't realize it was just Vicodin with less Acetominophen. Besides, isn't Vicoprofen better because it's stronger (750) vs (500) for Vicodin and it has Ibuprofen instead of tylenol which does basically nothing but rot your liver?

Old 07-14-2003, 08:25 PM   #5
Inactive

stickgirl HB User
I think tylenol rotts your liver and ibprofen ruins up your bladder. I guess it is which ever you prefer http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

I have been trying diff herbs to clear my liver and bladder, guess it's called detoxify.

Old 07-14-2003, 10:00 PM   #6

Lacei HB User
I didnt' think any of these meds messed w/ your bladder! Oh for Gods sakes.. now im even MORE worried! Do you know that when I need to pee, I have to go visualize riding my sea-doo in front of Niagra Falls, and the water hitting me in the face, and if that doesn't work then I have to actually imagine other people holding themselves in a line at an outhouse (at Niagra Falls) waiting for thier turn to go, because they need to go so badly and its my turn and I have to hurry up so they can have thier turn. All that visualization so that I can pee, and now come to find out, it could be my meds!

Old 08-18-2003, 02:52 PM   #7

Pikkaso1980 HB User
That could be your Prostate not being able to urinate correctly

Old 08-18-2003, 03:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
I have taken percocet and personally it did not a darn thing for me.

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif cattys http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Closed Thread