It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2003, 10:48 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
Question ^*^*^*RSD and Bruises^*^*^*

Hi Everyone,

Since having RSD I bruise so easily. Just a little bump and I am bruised.

Does anyone else find that they bruise easily since getting this nasty disorder?

I hope you are all having a ggod day......
cattys

Old 09-14-2003, 12:57 PM   #2
Veteran

dayton HB User
Yes Cattys, I do. I can actually feel the veins in my leg when they break. I broke two in the upper thigh, inside of leg. I have one very large spider leg on the outside of my right leg.

Also in my rsd right foot, on the inside are all kinds of small spider veins broke. Not on my left foot yet.

I try to use a lot of lotion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2003, 02:22 PM   #3
Inactive

stickgirl HB User
Yes Cattys I bruise very easily now, even lumps at times on my chins from hitting cupboard doors softly. I also get these red marks when scratched, like when itching my arm the next morning I have these blood spots and no I don't scratch hard. If I wear a watch, under the watch part I get those red/blood marks under. I now have a watch that is a key chain, and have a sponge thing on a stick for itching so those red spotches arn't so bad.

In our paper today there was a write up about chronic pain, not one mention of RSD only joint or bad back chronic pain. I emailed the person who wrote it telling him about RSD and how I'd love it if I onl;y had bad back chronic pain it doesn't cause other problems as RSD does.

Hope your day is good

Stick

Old 09-14-2003, 05:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
Talking

Hi there Stick and Dayton

Thanks for your replies. Somtimes I think I am the only one with some of these weird things that RSD is doing to my body.

I know what you mean Lynn about your watch. I can't even wear my wedding rings anymore. My finger gets all blistery and raw underneath it.

I hope you both have a pain tolerable evening.
Cattys

Old 09-14-2003, 07:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sharon1030 HB User
Talking

Hi cattys,

Yes, yes and yes!! I get bruises on my knees and I don't even remember doing anything to them. As we all know, I would remember hitting them if I did. I hope you're doing better than you were a couple of weeks ago.

Sharon

Old 09-14-2003, 07:45 PM   #6
Inactive

stickgirl HB User
Cattys I can't wear rings either, I took of my mothers ring for my surgery. Then tried to wear it in my good hand a few months after surgery/RSD and I got blisters/red all around. It is my mothers engangement and wedding rings, it kills me not being able to wear them. I have worn them on my right hand for 15 yrs, now forget it.

Hope you all are having a nice evening

Lynn

Old 09-14-2003, 07:57 PM   #7

babydolltahiti HB User
My RSD knee/leg bruises easily. These bruises can be small or large and painful or non-painful. My RSD knee/leg also bruises easily when I apply a light massage to it. I never injured my knee/leg before the bruises appeared, so the bruises cannot be explained by injuries.

Old 09-14-2003, 08:48 PM   #8
Inactive

savysac HB User
I have noticed that cuts and scrapes take a long, long time to heal on my left leg/foot, which is where my RSD is. Do any of you find that healing time has increased on the areas of your body that are affected by the RSD?

I too easily bruise, or if I over-scratch an area on my leg/foot, that it will turn into an open wound/soar.

peace

terry

[This message has been edited by savysac (edited 09-15-2003).]

Old 09-14-2003, 09:09 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

sharon1030 HB User
Talking

Hi Terry,

I take a little longer to heal than "normal," but I also have diabetes so who knows what's causing it. Have a good night.

Sharon

Old 09-14-2003, 09:11 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
I also find that it takes a while for me to heal. It also takes my bruises forever to go away.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^* ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Inspirational quote for all http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif
If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you've made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand.
Author Unknown

Old 09-14-2003, 10:11 PM   #11
Inactive

SFangel HB User
The wounds on my RSD knee/leg take a longer time to heal, so do the bruises on this leg. I do not have diabetes, so I guess I can blame RSD for this longer healing time.

Old 09-15-2003, 06:01 PM   #12
Veteran

riceneuroni HB User
I'll ditto everyone too.

Bruise easily and EVERYTHING heals slowly. No diabetes here, though, so can't blame that. Hope you all have a pain-tolerable night.

Closed Thread