It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2003, 09:35 PM   #1

treeoflife HB User
Post Face pain and large painful pimples

Hello all

Has anyone experience large red pimpils that are so sore you can't burt them and on their forhead mainly and on you entire face. I have like a bunch of huge pimples that are group together on my forehead and the more I burst them they come back bigger and hurt even more. Anybody have information about facial RSD and could this be? or could this be a reaction to the meds.

God bless

Life

[This message has been edited by treeoflife (edited 09-28-2003).]

Old 09-28-2003, 03:49 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ejames4773 HB User
Hello Tree. Son David has RSD and two years ago he developed a rash on his face that the doc said was acne. Never having had acne before and to start at 46 seemed doubtful. However he has continued to have outbreaks of this painful rash kept under control by an antibiotic lotion. It is well documented that RSD can cause painful rashes and lesions. Have a look at the site...www.rsdrx.com I am sure you will find it there.
As a registered nurse myself, I would not advise you to burst those pustules. You will spread the infection, and make things worse. Best of luck Tree, and lots of (((hugs))).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2003, 06:27 AM   #3

brighteyes_007 HB User
I would not burst these pimples as you call them. I would see a doctor as soon as you can.

They maybe an infection caused by Staph. or other microbes. Opening them will only spread it. If it is cause by staph. or somthing else you will need an antibiotic.

good luck

Old 09-28-2003, 06:47 AM   #4

treeoflife HB User
Hello

Thanks alot I have had achne as a teenager but never as an adult. These are bad and I will be at the doctor asap.

God bless
Life

Old 09-28-2003, 08:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
I agree with brighteyes, It could be some kind of infection. There are certain meds that will cause acne.

Best of luck
cattys

Old 09-28-2003, 01:52 PM   #6
Inactive

stickgirl HB User
Life don't pop them, it could be meds you take or something else. Get the doc to see them, since RSD affects our whole system it probley is something to do with RSD. If you keep popping them it could lead to an infection, you need antibiotic cream for them as someone already said.

I also get the neck/face pain, have had rashes but on my stomach/back it was due to meds they gave me.

I hope you have a good day, rest and relax it might help.

Lynn

Old 09-28-2003, 04:47 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Lizotte HB User
I get awful pimples, that I all boils or cysts, on my face which has been diagnoised as hidratinitis. This is a disease of the sweat glands which could be what is happening to you. Since RSD involvement is the sympathetic system. The best thing you can do is see your MD and possibily get a antibotic cream or be put on antibotics at a low dose as a prophalytic to keep them away if the cream doesn't work. There is also a sulphur soap to wash your face with called "Plexion" which helps to keep my face clear and also the rosicia away. It smells kind of funky, but I use a very small amount (less than a dime) in the showere to wash my face everyday and it has made quite a difference. I know how you feel, not only is it painful, but it is so visable and people will tell you about it as if you don't know that it is there. I just don't understand the world sometimes. I remember this guy walked up to me and told me about his big zit on my face (it took hours for my friends to talk me into going out because I was so embrassed). I just looked at him and said oh my gosh it wasn't there before you started to talk to me. How rude of him. I could see the growth on my face without moving my eyes, of course I knew it was there.

I guess with this there is so much to deal with. Try to find a good dermatologist to work with plus your other doctors. They all need to cc each other so everyone knows what is happening. My list of cc is so long it's not funny, but hey everyone MD knows what the other is doing in conjunction to the RSD. It's amazing how many ways it affects a person's life.

Liz

PS Sorry I went on and on.

Old 09-28-2003, 06:02 PM   #8

treeoflife HB User
THANK YOU ALL

I AM SO GLAD YOU ALL ANSWERED THIS POST. I WILL BE SEEING THE DERMO AND UPDATE YOU. STAND BY

GOD BLESS

LIFE

Old 09-28-2003, 10:35 PM   #9

rsd-free HB User
Life: I've heard antibiotics mentioned several times but not steroids. I get boils and pimples when I'm stressed as well as excema and the best thing for all three (as well as for poison ivy) is Cortaid cream/ointment. (Gee what a surprise, these are all, like RSD, autoimmune over-reactions!). You can get it over the counter or your doctor can give you a prescription if you need a higher strength. I really hope this will work for you!

------------------
rsd-free

Closed Thread