It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2003, 06:35 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
Angry ::::::::Cold Weather Is here RSD Flare:::::::::

Cold weather has arrived in my part of the world and my RSD is very aggitated. My limbs turn so cold and purple just going outside.

Does anyone else get like this? I guess I need to get out the mittens.

I hope everyone is having a relaxing evening.

cattys

Old 09-29-2003, 07:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sharon1030 HB User
Talking

Hi cattys,

Absolutely!! I guess it's better than the real hot weather though. I don't know. I guess we have to take what we get. I'm not a big fan of winter, but fall's nice. Hope you're doing okay. You beat me to Lynn's birthday note. I actually remembered too. That was so nice of you to do.

Sharon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2003, 07:52 PM   #3

timmy k HB User
yes yes exactly....thats what i want to know too.....the past few days its been cool...its now 45 degrees but i have noticed that my pain level is up...a lot more sharp deep nerve pain and also like you my hands and arms are a more and deeper red....so does cold weather affect RSD....thanks for any info...timmy k

Old 09-30-2003, 06:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sharon1030 HB User
Talking

Hi Timmy,

I think it's probably different for everyone, but for me, the cold weather has always made my RSD limbs extremely cold and purple/blue. Personally, I'd rather have that pain than the red/hot pain. When my legs turn red and hot, it hurts me a lot more than the cold does. It drives me crazy. I can't believe how cold it's gotten so fast here. Right now, at 9:25PM, it's 51 degrees.

Sharon

Old 09-30-2003, 07:22 PM   #5
Inactive

stickgirl HB User
Yes cold kills me, the pain does not end and the heat makes me sweal up which ads to the pain.

Gotta find a good place to live that stays between 65-80 then I'll have it made http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif

Lynn

Old 09-30-2003, 07:54 PM   #6

vickilee HB User
ok this is a first for me the cold and rsd. i dont like it already. the pain level has gone up. i was just hoping it was just me and that it would go away but i guess not. oh well, the bad part is that at night i cant cover my foot because i cant stand anything rubbing against it. i still have not been able to wear socks unless i really have too but that just brings the pain level up more.
hope everyone is having a good night
vicki

Old 09-30-2003, 08:33 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

AngeInBoston HB User
Hi Everyone

I just thought I'd mention to VickiLee and anyone else whom this may help that I've seen a product that makes a tent over your feet in bed so you CAN cover your feet without the blankets touching them...

Joey does not have this kind of sensitivity, but he has plenty of other symptoms...one thing we found has helped is that I bought some socks that are technically for Diabetic people, with very stretchy tops that will not bind so his ankle and leg don't get so swolen like they do after he wears his little ankle sneaker socks.

At the risk of breaking the rules, I think alot of you could benefit from the products listed in the "FootSmart" catalog or website! I am not endorsing just them, I'm sure there are plenty of other catalogs that offer the same kinds of things....I just wanted to let you know there may be things out there you never even knew you wanted! I'm thinking of getting Joey a Parafin Wax bath too...they come foot sized!

~Ange~ http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/cool.gif

Old 09-30-2003, 08:46 PM   #8

timmy k HB User
well thankyou everyone for the info on cold and rsd..i knew something was up when i started feeling more crummy than usual..well since we didnt have a hot summer here in these parts MAYBE we will have a nice warm winter (i hope)..well thankyou for your info and i hope everyone can have a very very low pain day..love you all! timmy

Old 10-01-2003, 06:43 AM   #9

vickilee HB User
wow Ange thanks so much for the info ill be looking for that tent! now i have to find something to keep my boyfriend on his side of the bed !! LOL
vickilee

Old 10-02-2003, 03:32 AM   #10
Irish Cream

Its getting cold here now and I'm dreading it.

But may the warmth of all these caring hearts on this board bring us all a little comfort.

Old 10-02-2003, 04:30 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

ejames4773 HB User
Like all of you who have responded to this posting David has found this last week that his pain level has gone up. He has had to wear socks and then wrap his feet in a blanket. Still they feel ice cold.
So wrap up, all of you, and hugs to you all for being so brave.
Edna

Closed Thread