It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
(female)

Palominodancer HB User
Question RSD & Spinal Cord Stimulator

HI, new to this. Have had RSD for about 30 years in my right leg. Years of chronic pain and about 35+ surgeries. Just had spinal cord stimulator implanted. Curious as to how long the localized back pain lasts.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
(female)

*pamela* HB User
Re: RSD & Spinal Cord Stimulator

Hello -- wish I could answer your question, but I haven't had a SCS yet. My docs are talking about it, though. How has it been for you so far??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
(female)

Go lightly HB User

Hi Palominodancer and *Pamela*. I just joined today and this is the exact topic that I was looking for. I've had RSD in both of my shoulders, arms, and hands for 2yrs & the pain is out of control. I've tried everything and now my doctor has said that I need a scs in my neck. Palominodancer, I see you've had one in your back & I was wondering if it has helped your pain? *Pamela*, did you end up getting a scs and if you did, has it helped you? If either one of you could give me any information or advice, I would greatly appreciate it. I hope you both are doing well.... As well as you can be with RSD. Thank you.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
(female)

*pamela* HB User

I haven't gotten one yet. I'm very resistant to it because I keep hearing that they can work at first, but that in the long term they poop out or things go wrong, requiring more surgeries and potentially causing more harm/spread. I'm looking into IV Ketamine at the moment. I'm not ruling out the SCS, but I'm hoping to find luck elsewhere first.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
(female)

Go lightly HB User

Ok, thanks for the response. Good luck!

Old 05-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
(female)

johnjoey9 HB User

I have had several scs implants, since 1999 and my pain lasted about two months with the very first one. It is important to do what the doctor says about not lifting or twisting or bending. You want the implant to attach properly. I went from a wheelchair to being able to walk with a cane at times. And now my life is getting better. So hang in there and do your pt and take your meds and don't do what I first did I was like i have the scs now I don't need meds and went off of them way to soon. I will come with time, just don't rush your recovery. Good luck

Melissa

Closed Thread