It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2012, 04:09 AM   #1
(female)

hatemyfeet HB Userhatemyfeet HB Userhatemyfeet HB Userhatemyfeet HB Userhatemyfeet HB User
Some of my toes are curling under, is this permanent?

This is kind of strange and I am wondering if anyone else has curling digits on their affected feet or hands? Thanks again for any advice.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User
Re: Some of my toes are curling under, is this permanent?

My toes curl under, especially when my foot is cramping. It goes through stages for me. Sometimes they are back to normal and other times they cramp and curl.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
(female)

hatemyfeet HB Userhatemyfeet HB Userhatemyfeet HB Userhatemyfeet HB Userhatemyfeet HB User

Hi K Lana, that's what my toes do too. It is really strange. My pinkie toe on my right foot seems to be curled under for good. It has been that way for weeks. I am wondering if it is atrophy? It sure feels bizarre when I walk. Thanks for posting back to my question. I hope you get to feeling better soon, or as good as can be expected for us. Take it slow and easy today.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #4
(female)

sophia554 HB Usersophia554 HB User

My doctor discovered that a series of Torridol injections helps me with this problem. I can go whole weeks at a time with near normal foot position. We do between 1-2ml every 6-8 hrs for five days in a row and then break from it because it's a really powerful NSAID. Good luck!
Oh- this is also available as a nasal spray if you can't do injections.

The Following User Says Thank You to sophia554 For This Useful Post:
hatemyfeet (01-09-2012)
Old 01-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

painman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB User

hmm. I was told its because rsd allowed rhumataoid arthritis in.. do any drs really have the answer . my toes curled in then started shrinking, they used to be as long as my fingers now the are short stubbs like they were cut off at the knuckle

The following user gives a hug of support to painman2009:
hatemyfeet (01-10-2012)
Old 01-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #6
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by painman2009 View Post
hmm. I was told its because rsd allowed rhumataoid arthritis in.. do any drs really have the answer . my toes curled in then started shrinking, they used to be as long as my fingers now the are short stubbs like they were cut off at the knuckle
Wow....I gotta tell you painman, I love your posts. I'm serious. I cant figure out if you have a dark sense of humor or if you are really just hating it. I hope that does not offend you. Because if you are really sad and having a hard time of it, then I will REALLY feel like a dumb$&#!!. So, I hope I have not put my foot in my mouth, not that I could get my foot anywhere near my mouth or even close to it. Anyway, thank you so much for responding to my post. I am going to ask my doctor about it. Not that he will have a clue, but I am still going to show him. I swear my PM Dr is useless... I live in the south and it is impossible to find a doctor that really knows anything about RSD. It really is awful. Drives me. Even my neurologist is not that knowledgeable about RSD. I may have to go live with family in a big city in the north after my SSDI goes through to get better treatment. Sheesh....sorry about the rant. Hope you are sound asleep right now or at least having a painfree night. Thanks again Karen

Old 01-10-2012, 02:42 AM   #7
(female)

Leegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB User

I've had this problem too. I started taking Magnesium Glycinate and the curling of my toes totally went away. Magnesium Taurate will work also. You may consider taking higher than normal dosages at first. In addition, the above types of magnesium help with depression also. I think magnesium needs a co-factor of Vitamin B-6 to work. I've read that 80% of the population is low in magnesium.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-24-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #8
(female)

Hi Leegh, thanks for the reply, I will google it. Hope you are having a better morning than I am. And thanks again for the info.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #9
(male)

Paul6364 HB User

Its been some years now since I had that problem of the toes. I did theraphy to try to keep toes straight and foot from curling. One morning as I was doing the theraphy I got this thought what about beach thongs, they are a natural exercise for the toes. Oh it was terrible painful for awhile, I got to where I could make myself wear them longer and longer. Eventually I could wear them all day around the house and I do to this day. I think it also helps with my foot wanting to drop and try to curl under. I did this when I was newly with rsd and it was very painful at the first, but at the beggining I did try harder to work to the point that I knew was too much for me. One of my exercises was to walk my toes on the carpet, I think that made me think of shower thongs.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
(female)

Ouch Paul!!! That sounds really horrific. I see my PM Dr on fri and if I get my meds to a level where I can move them without crying, I just might try that. Thanks for the suggestion. Hope you are having a low pain day.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #11
Veteran
(male)

painman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB User

]

Hey.. Its a little bit of both.. my sarcasm is a self defense mechanism. no Im not offended. Im glad its recognized for what it is.. what I have noticed re drs is 1, we, the sufferers of this beast are FAR mored learned in RSD than the collective intel of our DR,s and WE become their teachers. the best we can hope for is a doctor who knows his/her limited knowledge of RSD and are willing to learn. unfortunately most doctors have the god complex. especially if surgeon follows their specialty. I hope you can get some answers that can help you.. my thoughts and prayers go with you. god bless good luck, warm wishes and soft hugs

Last edited by Administrator; 02-24-2012 at 03:49 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to painman2009:
hatemyfeet (01-14-2012)
Old 01-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #12
(female)

Hi Painman, well, I am really glad I did not offend you. I would have felt like s#$! if I did. Thank you so much for the hugs and kind words, needed them today. I have been reading some of your old posts and I gotta say that they slay me. Thanks for helping to keep one of us RSDers from losing the rest of my marbles.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
(female)

sswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB User

My son's toes stopped working and then started going a funny shape - each day we'd get him to try to wrap them around my finger (not going beyond what he could do without restarting the \RSD pain) and eventually they started working again and going back to normal

The Following User Says Thank You to sswallow For This Useful Post:
hatemyfeet (01-14-2012)
Old 01-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #14
(female)

Hi SSW, mine are doing the same thing. It hurts too much to try to move them. I also have pretty severe neuropathy in my feet on top of the RSD, so they constantly feel like someone just spilled boiling oil on them. My PM Dr started me on low dose topamax yesterday to try to get the horrific burning calmed down. I am really having a awful time of it, so I really appreciate the post back. Thank you

Old 01-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #15
(female)

sophia554 HB Usersophia554 HB User

I'm going to recommend again the torridol injections- I have had major improvement from them when my toes curl- to the point of being able to move them again within hours. I have even had them help me straighten out my entire right side on occasion. Good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to sophia554 For This Useful Post:
hatemyfeet (01-22-2012)
Closed Thread