It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #31
(female)

fluttersby HB Userfluttersby HB User
Re: crps 1 or 2 or both

I think (know) that you should find an attorney that knows about CRPS or at least will be willing to learn and let them monitor your case and fight for your treatment. WC will then be forced to get you those treatments in a timely manner. WC attorneys will monitor your case for free even if there is no chance for them to get a fee--but eventually WC will want to cut you loose and they will want to settle when they say you are the best you will ever be (MMI). People with RSD are EXPENSIVE to them. An attorney is an absolute must.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #32
(female)

josana HB Userjosana HB User

thanks...my attrny does know about CRPS....and I agree with you about the MMI. Attrny is monitoring my case, but we are still waiting for the new treating Dr. Me going back to the original Dr. just helps speed things up so comp and attrny know I am serious. The Dr. I have now will send me to pain clinic as he has to have injections and nerve blocks etc. but they really have no knowledge of me and what I am about....they only know Ortho sent me for a procedure and they will never know anything more. I want the Physiatrist who will do everything in one place, knows the history and makes the best call....guess this is what I am tying to say. Right now Ortho is sending me to pain clinic who do not know a thing about me except what Ortho says to do and they are clueless as to any other symptoms etc. Now I do think that attrny is growing tired of the case cause it does not appear to be worth too much for him, but I also believe that I should not settle yet. Comp is not trying to settle my attrny is....and he says it isnt going to be worth more later...so I don't know what to think, but I know I am not ready to settle yet. Have had evaluation to see what I am capable of doing at work which came out in my favor so Comp has nothing to say to that except that they don't have a job for me. MMI will not happen soon cause they are still treating me. All I know for sure is all of this is making me crazy! Seems no lawyer wants to deal with all this nonsense, as no one has ever said there is nothing wrong with me, not their choice or mine.....so they just keep dragging it out so I will get tired of playing the game....that is not going to happen on my end. I won't settle anything till I am ready.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2012, 10:16 AM   #33
(female)

I am about to leave for the 3rd phase of my bone scan. I am really not happy that I have to have it. I'm afraid if it is negative WC will use it to say nothing is wrong with me.

Right now I am also waiting for my OS to fill out the paperwork with my updated work restrictions, etc. so I can get paid. He had me out pending my IME and I had that on June 16th but it took 3 1/2 weeks to get the results. The IME doc says I can work with a sit/stand option. I thought my job would go with that since they went with their docs recommendations last time, but NO!!! Anything to give me a hard time so I haven't been paid for about 3 weeks now. They seem to do that , pay me every 3 weeks so I never really know what's going on and it was my attorney that finally got me on the right track with this a few days ago. They had switched adjusters and didn't let me know and right when I am supposed to be getting treatments authorized. What a crock!!!!

Old 07-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #34
(female)

The triple phase bone scan .....ah yes I remember this well. My 1st one the Dr used to say that there is nothing wrong with me. This was very early on 3 mths into injury. I was told we are going to do this to see how the muscles and bones are looking and if there is any muscle wasting. Of course it was negative. I am sent back to work with no restrictions. Moving on now to the 8th mth when I get my first IME with my choice of Dr. The IME dr says CRPS....I have never heard of this in my life. I go back to the original Dr and he says yes CRPS lets get another bone scan...well now I have educated myself and have an understanding of the monster disease I am dealing with. 2nd bone scan comes back negative as well.....so I bring the Dr. info off the internet from CRPS foundation web site and present myself as "a bone scan can not be used to determine if you have CRPS, it is only 50% accurate and if it were a positive result you would be reporting to WC that just because the results of scan are positve does not mean she has CRPS because scans are only 50% accurate.....SO SiNCE THE RESULTS ARE NEGATIVE IT ALSO APPLIES AND IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT I DON'T HAVE CRPS. This approach worked very well....Hope it will help you as well, Dr. tells you to educated yourself and when you do they have no leg to stand on..they must help you. Good Luck

Old 07-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #35
(female)

Thank you. I think I will use that approach if it's needed. Their IME doctor did agree that this is more than likely CRPS. I got injured in the middle of Feb and had the IME in June. Well, he called it "residual neuromediated pain response" that is consistent with CRPS. He stated that treatment is reasonable because I exhibit "many of the findings on physical examination to support Complex Regional Pain Syndrome" and that "early treatment would be more effective".

He stated that he saw the mottled and bluish hue to my skin. I am so thankful that I did get an honest IME doc. So many aren't and I've heard horrific stories.

Now I just need to control the anxiety of waiting for the results of the bone scan until next week. I really hate waiting.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #36
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttersby View Post
Thank you. I think I will use that approach if it's needed. Their IME doctor did agree that this is more than likely CRPS. I got injured in the middle of Feb and had the IME in June. Well, he called it "residual neuromediated pain response" that is consistent with CRPS. He stated that treatment is reasonable because I exhibit "many of the findings on physical examination to support Complex Regional Pain Syndrome" and that "early treatment would be more effective".

He stated that he saw the mottled and bluish hue to my skin. I am so thankful that I did get an honest IME doc. So many aren't and I've heard horrific stories.

Now I just need to control the anxiety of waiting for the results of the bone scan until next week. I really hate waiting.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #37
(female)

I really hate waiting as well....and waiting in pain is even worse. I hope that you will get the help you need and remember to keep referring to the actual CRPS page that holds the facts about CRPS...and the clinical dx. A hallmark of CRPS is that the syptoms are not always present....remember this. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Closed Thread