It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
(female)

gliickie HB User
what next

I have been suffering with nerve pain for the past 15 years. It started as thoracic outlet syndrome from playing softball in college. I wanted to continue to play softball so i opted to have a scaleneectomy. It didn' t help. After that i had a 1st rib resection which resulted in the drs having to cut my brachial plexus because scar tissue from my first surgery.

After a few years on disability i got a scs implanted. It was a life saver - for 5 years anyway. I was finally able to get a job in the field i went to college for. However after five years it was no longer effective. I have been managing my pain with meds since then. That was 10 years ago. The last two years my pain has gotten alot worse causing me to miss a lot of work. The meds no longervhelp. I was dx with rsd. My pm dr did stellete ganglion block to verify the dx. It only gave me relief for two days but thst is what he expected. He said my rsd is too far into the process for the blocks to work.

Where do i go from here? Any suggestions?

Closed Thread

Tags
rsd questions