It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
(female)

TinyHef HB User
New to HealthBoards

I registered for the first time on this board today. I did so after reading impressive messages of support with pain, RSD and CRPS.

I am scheduled to have a Lumbar Reflex Sympathetic Nerve Block in April.

I'm new here, but now new to nerve blocks, trigger shots, neurostimulator implantation, discectomies (x2) and lumbar fusions. The 3 disc surgeries were during May 2009 - May 2010. The stimulator was implanted Jan 2011.

I've been through land and water therapy. Each time it is like setting back the clock on the pain. I was unable to continue water therapy in any heated pool as my leg cannot take the heat and made me feel weak. And in a regular indoor pool, I feel the shocks in my body when my foot hits the bottom of the pool. However, I guess I need to get over that and at least get some exercise.

My pain is in my right leg, foot, thigh, groin, hip and lumbar - all affected with the pain, burning, stinging, ice pick pain, cold/hot pain, achy pain and what I call the "crawlies" pain. My doctor brought up CRPS after finding I was unable to withstand heated pool therapy. I have trouble with my blood pressure (low), never realizing that's the reason I often feel "fluish" for so many years. As far as a stimulator, I would not recommend one. It made my pain worse.

My EMG showed femoral plexopathy and neuropathy; L2-L5 neuropathy.

My leg pain started in 2007 with a drop foot. In 2008 an MRI showed the L4-L5 herniated. May of 2009 I had my first discectomy....that was my first mistake!

I look forward to "talking" with everyone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread