It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

lake county HB Userlake county HB Userlake county HB User
Help with medication use

I have crps type 2 and was given a low dose of morphine extended release. I have been reading that morphine isn't the best med for neuropathic pain which makes fence because it seems my pain has gotten worse since. Has anybody had experience with this issue? Any advise would be awesome. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Kev629 HB UserKev629 HB UserKev629 HB UserKev629 HB UserKev629 HB UserKev629 HB UserKev629 HB UserKev629 HB UserKev629 HB UserKev629 HB UserKev629 HB User
Re: Help with medication use

It was decided in 2010 that CRPS is not a neuropathic pain. Morphine is just one of many drugs they experiment on us with and like all the others it only works on 50% of us. If it's not working for you the only thing to do is go back to your doctor and tell him, ask for a higher dose or to try something else.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kev629 For This Useful Post:
lake county (07-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
(male)

Wiired HB UserWiired HB User
Re: Help with medication use

Hello again :-)

I was advised by my PM Doc that narcotic medication is not very effective on neuropathic pain. I have tried both Lyrica (Pregbalin) and Neurontin (Gabapentin) which he said were common. For me, both of those drugs had better luck but were certainly no magic bullet either. They also can have rather unpleasant side effects which eventually became enough to make me stop taking them.

I currently use a Butrans Patch (20 mcg/hr) and 8mg of Suboxone 3 times a day. In conjunction with Xanax (2-3mg a day), this has been the best combination so far for dealing with my pain.

Closed Thread