It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
(female)

afb004 HB Userafb004 HB User
Sitting down

I recently got a new job at a call center where I sit in a chair for three hours at a time. At first, it was tolerable, but I had a Bier Block done last wk and it seemed to worsen my pain. Now my pain goes from my toes to my hip on my right leg and I can't sit for more an hr, and even that is pushing it. Now, every thirty minutes, I'm standing up in my cubicle while I make my calls. I was wondering if anyone can give me any suggestions about a position or something that helps you. I'm desperate. At this point, my PM doesn't know what do besides the spinal stimulation & I can't afford it. So please, anything?! Thank you in advance!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: afb004
dedwards (07-25-2012), Wiired (07-22-2012)
Old 07-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
(male)

Wiired HB UserWiired HB User
Re: Sitting down

Hopefully you are being medicated right? My CRPS is in the shoulder so I really can't offer positioning advice for you, but I understand completely. I struggle to sleep because I cant get a good position right. I wish I could help you, have you tried talking to another PM?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
(female)

I also have trouble sleeping. I hope that you are able to find a tolerable poistion. I am on Lyrica, Cymbalta, and Methocarbam but they don't seem to help much with pain and my dictir diesnt prescribe 'narcotics.' I wouldn't know where else to look for a PM. It took me forever to get this one, I have to drive 4 hrs to Dallas for my appointments. Thank you for showing me that I'm not alone. I'll try looking for a diff PM, but Idk if I will be able to find one. Thanks!

Old 07-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
(female)

fluttersby HB Userfluttersby HB User

This is one of the things that scares me the most. I haven't been "officially" diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure that the 3 docs that have given me the preliminary diagnosis are pretty right on about this. It started in and around my knee after I slipped and fell and hit my knee on ice in Feb. Now the sensitivity and burning is from the top of my thigh to the top of my foot, so it wouldn't just make going back to my standing all day job hard but will also make sitting very difficult. I've started wearing primarily skirts, dresses and looser fitting shorts to keep everything away from my leg as much as possible. I know I have to learn to tolerate some things and that is part of desensitization and for awhile I can handle it but after awhile it sends the pain through the roof.

I said all that to say that I totally understand your frustration and I will be hearing back from my doctor this week on what he wants me to do as far as going back to work for now. The worker's comp IME doc says I can go back with a sit/stand option, but the whole thing really makes me anxious to say the least.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #5
(male)

Wiired HB UserWiired HB User

Fluttersby- you should try the topical cream I posted. Give it to your doc and see what he says. It seems to work pretty good for me for the clothing contact issues like the one's you are having.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

lake county HB Userlake county HB Userlake county HB User

Try those lidoderm patches. They really do help, for a while at least. And easy to get from your doctor. Expensive though if you don't have insurance.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
(female)

Fluttersby, I wear shorts, as well. I hope your doctor gets back to you soon!
I have the patches because my Dad gets them from the VA, but I can't tolerate them on my leg. However, maybe I can tolerate them on my hip, I'll give it a shot! thanks for the idea!!!!

Old 07-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
(female)

fluttersby HB Userfluttersby HB User

My sister lives in Texas and went through a very bad round of kidney stones and NO doctor would prescribe any kind of pain meds for her. I don't know what it is with Texas.

I won't be finding out about work restrictions until next Monday when I see my OS to find out the results of my bone scan. Since this is work comp I am so afraid that if the bone scan shows nothing they are going to try to say nothing is wrong. I started a pain diary so I can clearly show the doc what I am going through.

The HR manager from my job called today and told me that the reason they switched claim adjusters on me and gave me one that is here in Michigan is because of the potential seriousness of this diagnosis. At least I know they ARE taking this serious.

The following user gives a hug of support to fluttersby:
dedwards (07-25-2012)
Closed Thread