It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
(female)

fluttersby HB Userfluttersby HB User
Going for Bone Scan Results

Well, tomorrow morning I am going in to talk to my ortho about the results of the bone scan I had last Monday. I am very nervous about this to say the least. This is WC and the IME doc said the bone scan was a good idea, but all of this stuff goes through my mind, like maybe he thinks it's a good idea because he knows chances are good that it won't show anything and they can get rid of me.

Then on the other hand I think what can they do with all of the objective findings even he put on his report? I just know that each of these hurdles make me so stressed and nervous. I will also get an updated work recommendation from my doctor tomorrow. Personally, I don't see how I can do the job I was doing--standing and walking around on a concrete floor for 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week waiting on customers in a grocery store when my leg from the top of my thigh to my foot is in such intense pain. I will cross that bridge when I get to it, I guess. The last time I saw this doctor I had not had the IME yet and this pain had not really spread past my knee area so much.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
(female)

fluttersby HB Userfluttersby HB User
Re: Going for Bone Scan Results

well, surprise, surprise, the bone scan did not show evidence of RSD.

My ortho still fully believes this is what I have though. I asked about the diagnostic ability of the bone scan in RSD and he said that it is just about building a case. He is referring me to a neurologist, not for an emg or any tests, but just for an evaluation and still wants me in the pain clinic STAT for a nerve block. There is such a long waiting list for this clinic but he said they are going to make a call and get me bumped up it is that urgent.

He kept me out of work because he said I am not functional at this level of pain. He said mechanically I can do the work, and he would have to say that if they asked him, but he believes that until the pain is under "control" I cannot function at work of any kind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread