It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
(female)

smilemary HB User
RSD ketamine injection

I have had RSD since June 2010 from a pace maker implant. I have just finished a 5 day ketamine injection procedure. I wondered if anyone else out there has had this procedure, so I could chat with you about the experience? I am finding red blisters like the chicken pox coming out all over my body. How long will these last? I am taking the ketamine pill for 6 more weeks.

The Following User Says Thank You to smilemary For This Useful Post:
steve2112 (12-08-2012)
Old 10-18-2012, 02:07 AM   #2
(female)

squishymom HB User
Re: RSD ketamine injection

Just wondering, where are you at? Also how do those treatments work? Its something my doc is currently looking into. Im from washington state

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
(female)

LittleLizzy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishymom View Post
Just wondering, where are you at? Also how do those treatments work? Its something my doc is currently looking into. Im from washington state
Just wondering is still there.... Also, I have done the Ketamine Infusions for 4 weeks in hospital and for 3 weeks in hospital, I have never done the ketamine pill so I can't say anything about that. But if you have red hive looking type bumps you may be allergic to it, take some anti-histamines with it and it might go away cause if you can hang in there its a great treatment it allows you to do more without as much pain.

Come back to Just Wondering..... We miss you

Old 10-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
(female)

LittleLizzy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilemary View Post
I have had RSD since June 2010 from a pace maker implant. I have just finished a 5 day ketamine injection procedure. I wondered if anyone else out there has had this procedure, so I could chat with you about the experience? I am finding red blisters like the chicken pox coming out all over my body. How long will these last? I am taking the ketamine pill for 6 more weeks.
You can message me anytime if you would like to chat about it

Old 10-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
(female)

smilemary HB User

Hi: Just wondering if you have had the Ketamine injections?

Old 12-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
(male)

steve2112 HB User

Hi I am Steve I have CRPS I have a few question about KETAMINE INFUSIONS. Where did you have it done? Did it work for you? and how much did cost to have done Thank Steve

Old 12-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
(female)

smilemary HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2112 View Post
Hi I am Steve I have CRPS I have a few question about KETAMINE INFUSIONS. Where did you have it done? Did it work for you? and how much did cost to have done Thank Steve
Hi Steve: I had the procedure done at Toronto Western Hosptial. It didn't cost me anything. YES it did work!!!! I had troubles during the procedure, it was very hard on me. My heart got involved. I developed RSD from a pace maker surgery, so my heart has always given me troubles. It took awhile for it to take hold but I have been feeling much better! I had RSD in the whole upper left side of my body, from ear, jaw, mouth, neck, shoulder, chest, arm, wrist and left hand. I still take medication but I can at least function now on a daily basis. The pain has all but gone from the upper part of my body. My wrist is about a 3 for pain level now. My hand is still cold and changes colours. But considering I was around 7-9 with daily meds. this is a big improvement. How and where do you have your CRPS? Hopes this info. helps you. Good luck and take care.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
(male)

steve2112 HB User

I was injuried in 2006 at work I was Sgt. for a local Hopital and run the night shift security dept. I injuried my lower back had fusion at S1-L5, tore my left shoulder out had 2 operation to fix that, damage to ulnar nerve in left arm and damge to C 4-5-6-7 neck. I developed CRPS after the 4th operation to elbow all the operation where done over a time frame of 13 month. Would be almost recover from one they do another. Well I was in so much pain all the time and brought up CRPS to my doctor at the time and she would alway tell me it not CRPS and she close out my L&I Claim and i was given a pension because I couldn't work. Well I left her and found a chroniic pain doctor and she went throught my case and did her exam and she told me you have CRPS. well yesterday Dr. Yetenbreger brought up the ketamine infusion at my appt. and said we talk more about at next appt. when i was feel better becasue I was rear end on NOv. 21, 2012 and I had MRI and my neck alot worse than the MRI done in 2010 and I am having a major flare up of the CRPS due to the accident. SO I was looking into it and came across your posting. I call my insurance and I told they only pay 80% of the ketimane infusion. I know not cheap and I found one place here in washington state that does it so far.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #9
(female)

smilemary HB User

Hey Steve; Well you sure have had your problems!! I am from Ontario, Canada and I know that our health care system is different from yours, down south. I am very, very blessed to be the first person that my RSD doctor has had the ketamine injection procedure!! He has people that have been waiting for over a year to have it done. I met with the Toronto Western Hospital team at the end of August and they called and wanted me in for the treatment on Sept. 10. They said they had never had anyone that was so FULL of the disease and didn't give me much hope of being able to help. The procedure is done for 6 hours for 5 days in a row. I was released into someone's care for the night and then went back to hospital every day for the 6 hours. There are no words that I can use to explain what happened to me, when I was under with the ketamine. It was very, very hard on me to say the least. Like being burnt from the inside out and it really hurt my heart. Nurses said all I kept saying was burning veins and heavy heart. The nurse told me that the 1st two days would be the hardest and that I wouldn't want to come back on the 3rd day, but not to give up because it would get better. Well for me it didn't, every days was just like the last, but I held on and am glad I did. I took the ketamine pills for 4 weeks, I was to be on them for 6 weeks, but the team wanted me off the asap when they say me. |They said that this procedure is so experimental that they really didn't know what the drug was doing to me, that is might be doing more harm then good. So I had to go off of it. So far it has held and I am still moving forward and feeling much better everyday. It takes awhile for the drug to work, it's not a quick fix by no means. Well I will say bye for now. Keep me up-to-date with your health and I hope you get in to have the injections, they are worth it and remember DON'T GIVE UP !!

Reply Reply