It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
(female)

trophysrus1 HB User
Searching for doctor in southwest Virginia, western Tennessee, or North Carolina

My 12-year-old daughter was diagnosed last year with RSD in her foot. We live in southwestern Virginia and I can't find a doctor who deals with this. Her Pediatric Orthopedist diagnosed her last winter. We are looking for an MD and someone to help her deal with the mental aspects of this (lots who can deal with the mental aspects if she were an adult, no one will take on a child).

Old 09-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
(female)

Hushie HB UserHushie HB UserHushie HB User
Re: Searching for doctor in southwest Virginia, western Tennessee, or North Carolina

Hi, Trophy. I'm so sorry to hear of your daughter's RSD. Virginia Tech's PM department has RSD docs (as of a year ago). I'm sorry, but I don't have their names. I hope that helps! Good luck to you and your daughter.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

JaimeNicole HB User
Re: Searching for doctor in southwest Virginia, western Tennessee, or North Carolina

Try Dr. Schwartz in Greenville, SC. He is incredible! I want to tell everyone I know about him. He helped my best friend overcome her RSD (well she still has it but it is under control and she can walk again.) Trust me, give his office a call.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
(female)

bryn481 HB User

Hello,
I just joined this board and I'm not sure if you've found a doctor yet or not. I live in North Carolina, got tarsal tunnel in 2010, had surgery and then got RSD, also in my foot/ankle. I'm 27 and never actually injured myself. Anyway I've been to a TON of doctors here and finally found some really great ones. I'm not better yet, but that's me, my doctors are amazing and are constantly trying new and awesome things. One in particular refers to things that happens to me as "US". He is MED VIP and only takes a few patients a year.He is also just an MD, but he's my advocate, liaison, and translator. He has eased so much of my stress. He usually offers ideas and then calls the other doctor first to see if I should even go. Either way I would love to help you. You can message me for the list of people I like here (Eastern/central NC) and hopefully I can help you out. If she's found someone then I'm glad she has and I hope she's doing well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trophysrus1 View Post
My 12-year-old daughter was diagnosed last year with RSD in her foot. We live in southwestern Virginia and I can't find a doctor who deals with this. Her Pediatric Orthopedist diagnosed her last winter. We are looking for an MD and someone to help her deal with the mental aspects of this (lots who can deal with the mental aspects if she were an adult, no one will take on a child).

Old 01-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
(female)

carlacarolina HB User

hey sorry to hear about your daughter
my doctor is in Winston Salem and I love him he is great I have RSD and has tried everything he can to help.
Dr. Leaonardo Kapural
Carolinas Pain Institute PA

he has been a life saver and good luck let me know if any questions I can answer

Last edited by Administrator; 05-27-2013 at 02:52 AM.

Reply Reply