It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
(female)

9489 HB User
rsd and pain meds

Hi everyone. New to this forum. Have rsd, started lasted year after a broken arm, arm ddn't heal, hand became permanently contracted into claw shape while in cast, then surgery to put pins and pins in arm, then frozen shoulder which was manipulated under anesthesia (MUA) to free it. Arm and hand are permanently screwed up, but the MUA for worked shoulder-- but now a year later shoulder pain is back. Hand/lower arm pain is constant. Anybody else have a frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) and then have it happen AGAIN with rsd? I guess my particular type is called 'classic shoulder-hand syndrome' and I've read everything I've found online back to the 1960's but nobody says much about the shoulder part. Also, meds-I take vicodin when the hand is too much, usually at least once a day 7.5/500, and I occasionally take cyclobenzaprine. That works well for the pain, especially combined with the vicodin, but leaves me unable to function the next day. Does any/one here take a different muscle relaxant that works without the zombie-effect?
Appreciate any advice-

The following user gives a hug of support to 9489:
LittleLizzy (10-05-2012)
Old 10-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
(female)

LittleLizzy HB User
Re: rsd and pain meds

Hi I don't have that type of R.S.D. but a better muscle relaxant and muscle spasm medication is Baclofen (Canadian Name For it). Gabapentin or the new Lyrica might be a great option for you to. I am on the older of the two the Gabapentin also helps out with constipation if you have any it also helps a lot with nerve pain. These drugs don't make you a zombie at all which is great. Hope that helps.... LittleLizzy

Last edited by moderator2; 10-05-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
frozen shoulder, muscle relaxers, rsd, vicodin