It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
(female)

Rkathryn HB User
Angry RSD in back and hip

Hi. I'm 17 and I have RSD in my lower back and in my hip. I've tried everything my doctor recommends me to do (physical therapy, aqua therapy, etc). I'm doing acupuncture now which doesn't seem to really help. It relaxes me while I'm there but as son as I start moving around again it hurts 10 times more. The only 3 options my doctor told me was acupuncture, nerve blocks in my back and hip, or surgery. I'm scared to get the nerve blocks because nothing else has worked and I heard it hurts a lot and I don't want it to hurt and do nothing to help the pain. My mom's friend hurt her back and she said that she had the nerve blocks and she still had to have the surgery. I also broke my back in January and that's what they would do the surgery on (also a partial herniated disc). I was just wondering what I should do...? My doctor (sports medicine) told me I'm a medical mystery and that she doesn't know what to do for me anymore.
I don't want to risk it if its not going to help the pain.
Any answers please!
Thanks!
Rkatheyn

The following user gives a hug of support to Rkathryn:
jess731 (12-12-2012)
Reply Reply