It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
(female)

loki2012 HB Userloki2012 HB User
What to expect

Ok here's the 411...I injured my ankle and had surgery, today was my 3 month check up n my dr is concerned I have rsd bc of my chronic pain, swelling, colder foot than the other, discoloration and swelling. I'm getting referred to get a bone scan to confirm. IF I do have rsd what should I expect??

Old 01-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
(female)

pmb63 HB User
Re: What to expect

I have been diagnosed for 10 yrs. I had no clue at the time, that it was a progressive disease. In fact, after my ankle surgery, therapy, way too many pills, nerve conduction testing and nerve blockers, I thought that it was gone after a few yrs. Not a fact, over time it has progressed drastically and the pain is daily, constant. It can be embarrasing and humiliating at times because I have had to adjust doing every day things "my way". If I knew then what I now know, I. Would have had the stimulator implanted. I took a long time to think about it and lost my insurance during that time. I would suggest to you go thru testing for RA, gout, the physical therapy n even check with ur doc about the lidocaine patch. But don't delay your testing and treatments like I did. It is progressive

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply