It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

Miched HB User
Smile Burning leg, new symptom area goes blotchy.

It has now been going on 5 years and the doctors still do not have an answer for me. It started with burning deep pain in my legs, I also had other symptoms, the doctor thought I might have MS, then they thought I had Fibromyalgia, now they don't know, I am now seeing a neuro and I have had blood work done, nerve conductor tests, cat scans, x-rays, etc, etc. My new sympton is the inside of my leg where it is most painful gets all blotchy..... I am always in pain, very tired, not sleeping properly. I have been on percocets, hydromorphone and antidepressants for pain. The newest med is amytripline 50mg but I cannot take it I am like a zombie in the morning and sleep 12/13 hours a day.... uggggghhhhh. Does anyone have any experience with RSD, and does anyone know the symptoms that go with it.

Thanks
MD

The Following User Says Thank You to Miched For This Useful Post:
Lindatx (03-15-2013)
Old 03-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
(female)

jewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB User
Re: Burning leg, new symptom area goes blotchy.

Everything you have described so far sounds like RSD. Do you ever get the "pins and needles" feeling? Also, have you experienced pain as if you have a bolt of lightning shoot through your leg? I have RSD. The things I experience is: deep aching pain in my leg; burning (times I feel like my leg is gonna burst into flames); sensitivity to touch but I don't think mine is as bad as others on here; skin temperature change; and color changes...mine can go from red to a bluish/purple color. I know some people have excessive sweating with it. As the process goes on, skin changes happen to where it gets thinner and shiny. I still have trouble sleeping because I either cant get comfortable or I am waking up in the night from pain. Everybody who has this vary with what they deal with and what works for one person may not work for another. There is no "cookie cutter" way of treating this. One way to help in the diagnosis process is to have a nerve block done. If you have it done and that helps get rid of the aching, burning, and skin temperature change, you can pretty much bet that that is what you are dealing with. Unfortunately, there is no certain test that says yes, this is what it is. It isn't like we can have a CT or MRI and they "find it" in your results. I hope you find the answers you are looking for and that they can help you. Hopefully they say it isn't RSD but it does very much so sound like it is.

The following user gives a hug of support to jewlz67:
Miched (03-09-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to jewlz67 For This Useful Post:
Miched (03-09-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply