It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
(female)

mb501 HB Usermb501 HB User
Nucynta??

Has anybody tried this drug & what side effects, did it help with the pain? I have had RSD now for 6 years & been on numerous meds, my PM doctor added Oxycontin 80 mg. 2 x's day plus my other meds. However, I got a letter from my insurance that they won't cover it anymore. They gave me four other meds that I haven't tried (Nucynta ER, Exalgo, Opana ER or Levorphanol Tartrate).
Please let me know if anybody knows about these meds cause my tolerance is getting high & getting really scared & wondering if there is any hope?..
Thank you....M

Old 05-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
(female)

jewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB User
Re: Nucynta??

I've tried Nucynta before. I really didn't have any side effects with it. They had me on such a low dose and didn't want to increase it so it really didn't do anything for me. I know there are people on here who do take it with success. I hope it helps you out. Have they considered Suboxone? I know that's a drug that I have seen people on here take as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
(female)

mb501 HB Usermb501 HB User

Hi Jewez!
Haven't been posting cause I really haven't felt liked doing anything! This is the worst in past 4 months that has been really hard on me. I been having nightmares & everything! She won't give Suboxene with opiods cause it is to get off of the meds or will make you violently sick! My daughter has been on Subutex film cause she got pregnant! When she first started taking it she got REALLY sick cause they thought the methadone in her system was gone but it wasn't!
I have been doing research on this drug & am going to talk to my pharmacist cause the one med is supposed to be hard to find, just like the oxy 30's down here.
My insurance are jerks cause they cover almost everything else except what she has started me on..
Happy Mother's Day!
I get to talk to my daughter & my granddaughters! My biggest problem I think is that I am homesick to see them. It has been 2 years since I got to go home & see them! My mom & oldest son(he's 34) are down here but we had a big fallout & it ended up me getting put out of my apartment that me & my mom shared, after.I paid my part of the rent she had me thrown out on the streets! My son was on her side, but thank God that my man had a place for us to go to but was in Miami! We were "in the hood"! Now, we are in Boca, which I love, not as much violence.here. ! No gunshots, etc...
Anyway, sorry for rambling...
God Bless You & hopefully some day, we will have no more pain or sorrow!

The following user gives a hug of support to mb501:
jewlz67 (05-15-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 06:47 AM   #4
(female)

jewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB User

Well, you know there will come a day when we will have no more pain or sorrow and the Lord will wipe away all our tears! Never apologize for rambling....we need to be able to do it because this is such a frustrating disease!!!!
Happy Belated Mother's Day! I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that. I know it's hard when it's family, especially close family, turn against you!!! My husband has gone through that before and it was very difficult for him. Through the grace of God, he had reconciliation with his mom. I'm glad that you have somebody in your life that takes good care of you!!! That is so important for us! I don't know where I would be without my husband! Well, probably homeless for one because I cant work anymore!!! Through everything though, God will give us the grace and strength that we need for each day! Take it one day at a time and don't try to do everything in one day! Watch your stress levels too because that just aggravates the RSD! Pray for me because my life is about to turn into one big stress mess! I already have one daughter move back home with her two children because she got a divorce. Now my other daughter lost her job and her lease is up so she is moving back home with her daughter. Here's the fun....that means I will have two 4 year olds and a 2 year old living in my house...plus five adults!!! Lord give me strength!!!! lol

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: jewlz67
jess731 (05-17-2013), mb501 (05-15-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to jewlz67 For This Useful Post:
mb501 (05-15-2013)
Reply Reply