It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Registration/Membership/Site Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2003, 10:20 PM   #1
(female)

artsee HB User
Exclamation SEARCH doesn't work in the boards!

Hi, I noticed with the new boards that the search function doesn't work like it used to. For example, when you search for the word "thyroid" on the Thyroid Disorders board, it only shows 8 results when there are probably several hundred (or more) messages that contain that word. I think maybe it is only searching the messages posted after the new boards went up. The search function is very important for people that are trying to find something specific on these boards, so I hope this problem gets fixed!

Old 11-06-2003, 11:50 PM   #2
Administrator
(male)

Administrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB User
Hi, for now, the search feature has to be limited or turned off, due to server overload, causing the site to crash.

The old program was fragmenting and could not be used with the size of this site, so we had to change. We are still tweaking the program.

Please read my 'sticky" posts on the Registration/Member Problems Board.

Thanks!
mod1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread