It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Registration/Membership/Site Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
(female)

tiredofworry HB User
Why was our thread closed?

We have started a great thread on health anxiety, and we were getting some great support. When I logged on today our thread had been closed. I think that someone may have been upset about a moderator posting. Is there any way to re-open the thread?

Old 10-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #2

moderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB User
Re: Why was our thread closed?

Threads may be closed when they are too long, too old, off-topic, attracting posting rules violations or for any reason deemed best for the message boards. The thread will remain closed. Additionally, please do not start group threads as these are most likely to go off-topic and become chat sessions. Instead, each member should start their own thread for advice and support on their own health issue or concern. Each person should check in as an individual and post your own updates in separate threads. This will make it easier for everyone to ******** thread pages, and for newbies to feel welcome to participate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2008, 04:49 PM   #3
(female)

tiredofworry HB User

Okay, thank you so much for your prompt reply. I'm just trying to understand all that you said, because I don't want to cause any problems. What do you mean by "group threads"? Our last thread didn't seem to stray off point, in fact we had new members yesterday. I just want to continue discussing our health anxiety and how we are doing, not really "chat", just support each other and update each other on our anxiety. It's been very encouraging to have the support, but completely disheartening to be shut down so randomly. I thought we were supposed to reply to other posts, but I think you're email suggest starting a new thread each time, is that right? I'm not trying to be antagonistic at all, I truly just want to understand the guidelines so I can stay within them. Thanks!

Old 10-30-2008, 05:22 PM   #4

ms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB User

Hi,

A "group thread" is one that has the feeling of being "exclusive" to only a few members.

Lets say that "Anne", "Bob" and "Chuck" are posting back and forth on a thread then along comes "Dave" but nobody responds to "Dave" because "Anne", "Bob" and "Chuck" look upon it as their thread.

With that said, anyone can respond to any thread, BUT if they have their own questions they must always start their own new thread to ask them.

In regards to the thread that was closed, you may start another thread to discuss Health Anxiety, BUT it must stay on the topic of health anxiety without Religious discussions as I stated in the closed thread.

Ms_Mod

Old 10-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #5
(female)

tiredofworry HB User

Okay, I understand. Thanks so much for the clarification. I did not mean to leave anyone out or create exclusivity, and I was only trying to share ways of coping with the anxiety as a measure of help to others who also suffer. I actually tried to always welcome a new member to the thread, to avoid that perception. We'll try to be more careful! Have a nice evening.

Reply Reply