It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Registration/Membership/Site Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 06:27 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Post is there a difference with the "friend' and contact" modes?

so sorry to bother you, as i know you are all very busy here,but i have a big confusing issue regarding the PM part of things? i know this is new,but i have never actually used any PM type of thing on any forum so this is ALL very new to me. i just needed to ask(and i am certain others are wondering this too)when you make that "frinedship request' are you also getting these people as contacts too or is that another issue all together? i have just not been able to actually make ANY contact with people who are in my "friendship" mode. when a requst has been sent to me,i hAVE shot back the yes thing to them, i just don't even know for certain whether or not i am even answering this request right either.

before even writing this,i did check thru the whole PM site to just see if this is further explained in more detail but to no avail. there IS info there,but it does not really tell you what it is you are "getting" with sending that request back with a yes? if you could give some guidance here,it would be SO appreciated. just need some clarity so i know what i am doing or not doing is the right thing? thank you for your time, Marcia/feelbad

Old 02-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #2

moderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB User
Re: is there a difference with the "friend' and contact" modes?

Hello Marcia,

You will not get a reply for accepting a friendship request.

A member must choose to have private messaging enabled in their profile to be able to send and receive private messages, even with friends.

The only difference is that friends is two-way and contacts are one way.

Friends is a feature of the buddy list. If friendship is offered and accepted then you both appear on each other's buddy list. The advantages of the buddy list are that you can send them private messages, view their profiles and find their posts directly from your own profile by clicking on their names in your buddylist instead of having to try to find the member somewhere on the message boards.

With contacts, their name appears on your list, but you do not appear on their list unless they have added your name to their contact list.

In both cases these are just easier ways to find and message people from your own profile rather than having to search for them on the message boards.

Thank you for reading the FAQ's first and for posting your question on the correct message board.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-11-2009 at 07:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: is there a difference with the "friend' and contact" modes?

thanks for the info,i really do appreciate it. marcia

Closed Thread