It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Registration/Membership/Site Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
(female)

thess HB User
Question Not Able To delete Posts

Hello-
I have searched both the faq and guidelines page and I cannot find assistance with my problem.

I posted and, in retrospect, I believe I have posted in the wrong category and would like to delete it. I read the faq on how to delete and although I followed the directions; go to edit page and delete, I was unable to delete it as that option does not appear

Please advise how to delete my thread as I do not want it posted in more then one category. .

Thank You,

Username: Thess
Post in Question:http://www.healthboards.com/boards/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=134

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Board Post Title:-Ovarian Cyst and Uterine Polyp

Old 07-24-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
Administrator
(female)

Administrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB User
Re: Not Able To delete Posts

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=134 is not your post.

Please read the FAQ again: members do not have deletion permission.

If you want a post deleted you must submit the exact URL of the page with your post.

Include the username and the number of the post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2009, 06:10 AM   #3
(female)

thess HB User

I just want you to know I did search the faq, etc:

I believe you may need to delete old iinformation as this is what come up, when I search for deletion directions (two differnt time):

FAQ:Editing and Deleting your Posts

Can I edit or delete my posts?

If you have registered and are logged in, you may be able to edit and delete your posts (although the administrator may have turned off this option). Your ability to edit your posts may be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.

To edit or delete your posts, click the Edit button by the particular post. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread.

Once you've made your modifications, a note may appear to inform other users that you have edited your post.

If the edit time and date appear as a link you can click on this to see the differences between the original and edited versions, or between edits if there have been multiple edits.

-- http://www.healthboards.com/boards/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=delete&match=all& titlesonly=0

And again,

If you have registered, you will be able to edit and delete your posts. Note that the administrator can disable this ability as he desires. Your ability to edit your posts may also be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.

To edit or delete your posts, click the button by the post you want to edit. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting the post may result in the removal of the entire thread.

After you have made your modifications, a note may appear, which notifies other users that you have edited your post. Administrators and moderators may also edit your messages but this note may not appear when they do so.

Editing and Deleting your Posts
Can I edit or delete my posts?

If you have registered and are logged in, you may be able to edit and delete your posts (although the administrator may have turned off this option). Your ability to edit your posts may be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.

To edit or delete your posts, click the Edit button by the particular post. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread.

Once you've made your modifications, a note may appear to inform other users that you have edited your post.

If the edit time and date appear as a link you can click on this to see the differences between the original and edited versions, or between edits if there have been multiple edits.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
Administrator
(female)

Administrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB User

The message says you MAY be able to delete: the program is set up to allow that permission or not, therefore you must always rely on the rules of this website.

You read the general vBulletin info, which is about the vBulletin program. Always refer to the specific healthboards.com rules and useage info:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/faq.php

HealthBoards.com FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Specific information on how to use HealthBoards.com
What are the HealthBoards.com Posting Rules?
How Do I Use HealthBoards.com?

Deleting: Members may not delete posts. To request post deletion, email your username, registered email address and the URL of the page to the Board Use Administrator. If the posts are interactive on other member's threads the username may be changed. (DO NOT use Report Post for deletion requests.)

Last edited by Administrator; 07-26-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Reply Reply