It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Registration/Membership/Site Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
(female)

bskjordahl HB User
Question Issue with Search & Advanced Search?

I have just joined the site. I have tried several keyword searches of the site, and of specific boards, and each time their have been zero results. I even tried the search used in a previous post/reply (cyst+buttock) in which you indicate there were a number of results. When I entered this information and performed the search myself, it returned with zero results. I read the instructions and followed the information available. Is there a known issue with the search engine? Perhaps I am missing a step or a subtlety for making this feature work property? I wish to be able to sort through the area of the forum specifically regarding "back" problems. Since this is a wide and varied topic, I wish to narrow down the entries talking about sciatic, herniated disc, L4-L5, and MRI results, etc. Thank you for your assistance.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #2

ms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB User
Re: Issue with Search & Advanced Search?

Hi,

Perhaps there may have been a temporary issue with the search function, but it's working fine for me.

I just typed back+sciatic into the advanced search and got 1,000 results.

Try your search again and see if you get any results.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Ms_Mod

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ms_mod For This Useful Post:
Administrator (01-11-2012), moderator2 (01-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
(female)

bskjordahl HB User

Tried again, no luck (Chrome browser). Tried also using Safari browser, and I got the same result of "no results." What browser are you using?

Old 01-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #4

ms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB User

I'm not a computer person and wouldn't have the first clue how to change browsers if I wanted to

I do however know that I use Internet Explorer.

I again went into the advanced search, typed in back+sciatic into the advanced search box left everything else the was it is, clicked enter and still got 1,000 resultes.

Sorry, but I don't really know what else to tell you other than did you also try
a google search?
Back+sciatic+healthboards.com
Or Back+sciatic:site healthboards.com

Last edited by ms_mod; 01-09-2012 at 09:57 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ms_mod For This Useful Post:
Administrator (01-11-2012), moderator2 (01-09-2012)
Old 01-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #5

moderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB Usermoderator2 HB User

Please go to advanced search and look in the lower left corner:

Search Options

and check to see what settings you have there.

For example, you might inadvertently be searching for results since your last visit, under "find posts from".

Check all of those settings to be sure they are what you want, then click "Save Search Preferences" at the bottom of the page.

Also be sure that you are not entering keywords in the username field.

Please also check your "Search in Board(s)" preference.

Then try your search again.

If you know how to take a screenshot and post it as an attachment to your post, it might help to see what your search page looks like before you click "search now".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moderator2 For This Useful Post:
Administrator (01-11-2012), ms_mod (01-09-2012)
Reply Reply