It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2004, 10:03 AM   #1
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Break-up Lines?

Me and Maskills had somthing going earlier and I thought it might be great to hear some of your past reasons on why you broke up with a person or why they broke up with you.

My alltime was "You are so nice and you don't deserve me".

Last edited by eightball61; 04-15-2004 at 10:03 AM.

Old 04-15-2004, 10:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User
Re: Break-up Lines?

Do you mean if you were in Love with this person or if you were in LIKES with this person?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #3
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlHarley
Do you mean if you were in Love with this person or if you were in LIKES with this person?

love or like

Old 04-15-2004, 11:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

let's see here's some of my lines

"i cheated" ...never do that again
"i can't do this anymore"
"you are stalking me"

Old 04-15-2004, 11:20 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

Well,
a guy broke up with me because I had a kid and he was not ready for an instant family.

a guy broke up with me because I was too much of a woman for him.

umm...some just broke up with me? I don't know why?
they just never called...

ME, I broke up because there was no room for me in his life.

I broke up because...he was going to but didn't have the balls so instead he cheats on me with his ex-girlfriend..I catch him...

Some where just causal dating and either I or them just stopped calling.
I think we were mature enough to know better...if a guy calls a couple of times and you don't return phone calls...well...You just know.....

And same with me, if a guy stopped calling...I just knew he wasn't interested in me anymore...I didn't question it or lose sleep...You just know....

Old 04-15-2004, 11:31 AM   #6
Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

Are these lines that WE have used?? Or lines that other people used on us?? (Like I've ever been dumped!! LOL)

Old 04-15-2004, 11:36 AM   #7
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlywedgurl
Are these lines that WE have used?? Or lines that other people used on us?? (Like I've ever been dumped!! LOL)

lol like I never have either

Anyways, these are line you used or others on you.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:37 AM   #8

Weeping Willow HB User

UGH, lets see......

"you're too good for me, I don't deserve you"....which I'm sure is probably true.
"my family doesn't like you" or "you don't like my family"....yeah? and? I'm not dating them!
"I need time to be alone"......just to see them out the next weekend w/ some1else.
"I need to persue my career".....WTH? last time I checked you didn't have one.

I have NEVER used breakup lines on anyone. I just tell them like it is......you're suffocating me, I want to be single again, or just plainly tell them to **** off. I don't believe in candy coating anything. I would rather have someone tell me that they hated me than to use some cheap cop-out.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:39 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

oh i got the topper of them all...lmao

when i was sixteen a guy dumped me cause he realized he was gay...and he really was too...last i heard he had a boyfriend...that explains why he didn't like my affection

Old 04-15-2004, 11:41 AM   #10
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliburgrl
oh i got the topper of them all...lmao

when i was sixteen a guy dumped me cause he realized he was gay...and he really was too...last i heard he had a boyfriend...that explains why he didn't like my affection

Ex. this made me crack...It's sad but true and I am sure you werent the first this happen to.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:45 AM   #11

Weeping Willow HB User

My friend Vickie met this guy one night. He was GORGEOUS and soooo sweet. She had lost her husband to an accident a few years back and was just then entering the dating scene. He came to her house, took her out, and pretty much swept her off her feet. She called my other friend up in a panic one night and needed a girls night out. We went clubbing, Vickie got drunk, and proceeded to tell us how he told her he cared about her and he "couldn't do this" to her. He was gay. She went off the deep end. They had only kissed but she went in for a full STD work-up and an HIV test.
You're not the only one........that has to suck!

Old 04-15-2004, 11:45 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

i did then and still do know find the whole situation humorous...my hubby's best friend had the very same thing happen to him...she decided she like woman...friends used to teasingly tell me i turned him gay...yah right

Old 04-15-2004, 11:46 AM   #13
Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

Hmmm....this ought to be interesting....

1. "I think I'm in love with [insert name of homeless fat girl here]."

2. "I can't handle a committment right now." --hey, at least he was honest!

3. "I'm not sure about a future with you" spoken in a bar 3 hours away from my home, followed up by a call to say "I didn't mean it, let's talk", a week of silence, and then an email saying "Oops. Yep. I meant that after all. Sorry." (And this dude and I LIVED together. He had gone off for a 3 month internship!!)

OK....lines that I have used....

I think my trademark one was usually "I don't want to be in a relationship right now" [Meaning I don't want to be in a relationship with YOU, but that sounds soo mean!]

And the guy with whom I was in the same situation as Legally Brunette is now: I don't think we should be together anymore.

But those are relationships though.....if we're talking casual dating...I just stop taking their calls.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:59 AM   #14
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

ah weeping it didn't suck...the relationship was going nowhere...obviously

Old 04-15-2004, 12:01 PM   #15
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Weeping Willow~ I would have never took it that far over a kiss...lol

Ex. ~ thats very rare for a girl to leave a man for another girl....If that happen to me I think there was somthing wrong with me

NWG~ & I have to agree to stop taking call if its just casual dating. For one you are not commitited to give a lame excuse and second you are being honest with them...you don't want to talk to them

Closed Thread