It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2004, 07:54 AM   #1
Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User
Need some ideas....

Hey guys!!

Next week is DH's birthday. We are heading to the beach for some fun in the sun and a 4-day weekend. Here's what I need help with.....

He surprises me all the time & tends to go all out. For instance, when we were on our honeymoon, we had dinner reservations at this hoity toity fancy shmancy restaurant one evening. I took a nap that afternoon and woke up to a bubble bath and chilled wine that he had sent up. When we went for dinner, there was a box on the table. It was my "appetizer".....a pair of pearl earrings that he had snuck out to buy me while I was asleep.

My problem is that I'm not as creative and I'd really like to do something extra nice for him for his B-Day. ANy ideas????

Old 04-22-2004, 08:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

elatedgiraffe HB User
Re: Need some ideas....

Hey-
I don't know anything about your Dh. First, think of any hobbies he has. What is he into, whats his fav. thing to do outside of the relationship? After you answer that, surprise him with something revolved around that. You are going to the beach, so for example, lets say he like to fish. Find out a good fishing spot, surprise him and take him there. Maybe hes an adreneline man. Surprise him with parasailing. Research the beach you are going to and find something he would enjoy. Then surprise him one morning.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2004, 08:08 AM   #3
Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

That's the thing, though. We're going to St. Augustine, which I think is one of the most romantic, beautiful places!! We're going to Ripley's (his request) and jetskiing, and of course to kick around the beach and downtown. There's plenty on the agenda as far as things we'll be doing, so I was thinking about surprising him with a gift....

He works all the time, so he doesn't have a lot of time for hobbies. But it's his 21st, so I want to make it special for him. He's such a wonderful man. And really good to me.

Old 04-22-2004, 08:09 AM   #4
Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

Oh yeah, he's deathly afraid of heights and I have panic attacks...no parasailing for us I don't think. THough it would be pretty interesting!!! LOL

Old 04-22-2004, 08:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

elatedgiraffe HB User

hmmmm...okay. What kinds of gagets does he like? Does he like watches? tools?, video games? Buy him something he would really like to buy for himself. If it is small, you could wrap it up and stick it in your pocket and then when you walk the beack you could stop him and say "look what I found.." Watch to see what he likes at Ripley's and then "go to the bathroom" and buy it behind his back and surprise him later. Since it is his 21st make sure you buy him a nice bottle of alcohol too!

Old 04-22-2004, 08:22 AM   #6
Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

All very good ideas!!! Thank you!!!

Old 04-22-2004, 08:48 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

Hey there...Your talking St.Augustine in Florida right?
If you are...

How about a His & Her's / Couples Massage
at the "Small Indulgences Day Spa & Salon"? Check out their web site.
You may need to go through the web site of St.Augustine.

Also, check out what Clubs are hosting bands and call the clubs on the ratings of bands if they are good..etc..Any speical stars in the area for a concert?

You can make a big deal about His 21st birthday buy hosting him with his official Bottle of Wine, Six Pack of Beer? Of course this is if your drinkers

A favorite CD that he may have mentioned to you? Buy it and stick it under his pillow...

You can make a Love & Happy Birthday coupon book to give to him with a speical toy?...ideas for coupons" back rub, foot rub, other private rubs..
he gets the TV for one night all to himself?

The place your staying does it have room service? For his birthday plan a Speical Breakfast with room service or if they don't have room service check out if you are close to a resturant where you can order breakfast as a take out and get up earlier then hubby and surprise him with breakfast in bed and you as the desert.

If your going out to dinner for his birthday while your in St.Augustine, call the resturant ahead of time, let them know it's his birthday and you want a special Evening with your husband and if they also provide cake, if they don't provide cake...Can you bring one and they will serve you both.

Hope this helps, and check out the website where your going for other activties, or events that you think he will enjoy....

Hope this helps and Have a Great TIME!

Old 04-22-2004, 10:30 AM   #8
Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

AWESOME ideas GirlHarley! And yes, St. Augustine, FL. It's not far from here at all....maybe 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive. We both just need a break and a vacation. I will definitely check out that Spa you were talking about. Everytime we stay at Sea Island we each go for a massage.....and I will certianly check into the cake.

There's not usually much of a nightlife in St. Augustine, but it's not far from Jax, either.....I LOVE to go to shows...we're heading to ATL for my B-day in the summer to catch Dave Matthews & go to WhiteWater.....

Old 04-22-2004, 10:40 AM   #9
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

A lovely picnic has always done the charm for me. Take him out on a trail somewhere's and spend a few hours eating, viewing, or whatever.

Old 04-22-2004, 11:03 AM   #10
Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

It's the "whatever" part that would probably be his favorite! LOL

Old 04-22-2004, 11:13 AM   #11
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

thats why I left that up to you

But seriously I love to have picnics out in the wilderness and just enjoying the afternoon sun and the scenes. Then maybe the whatever part is also great.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:23 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Destea HB User

Last Christmas I got my bf a really nice contemporary looking photo album from Red envelope. It had a silver plate on it that you could personalize (engraved) - then I got a bunch of randomly sized pictures of us together and put them in there....

He really liked it, maybe you could do something like that?

Old 04-22-2004, 11:14 PM   #13
(male)

ilovemytish HB User

i love cars and on my 21st my g/f rented me a convert porsche,,we were at the beach and she said we had to go get something back at the hotel,,we went back and went to the room,,she fiddled in the bathroom for a bit,,we came back down to the car and she walked up to it and sat in the passenger seat of the porsche and said,,your driving right?? i was likw whoa,,then she said it was a rental (duh)and i know you love cars,and thought you would like this ..it was sweet and ill always rember it,,she did her best to please my passion,,it was so sweet

Old 04-23-2004, 03:29 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemytish
i love cars and on my 21st my g/f rented me a convert porsche,,we were at the beach and she said we had to go get something back at the hotel,,we went back and went to the room,,she fiddled in the bathroom for a bit,,we came back down to the car and she walked up to it and sat in the passenger seat of the porsche and said,,your driving right?? i was likw whoa,,then she said it was a rental (duh)and i know you love cars,and thought you would like this ..it was sweet and ill always rember it,,she did her best to please my passion,,it was so sweet

HEY....I Really like this idea!

Closed Thread