It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2004, 04:57 PM   #1
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
What's There to prove??

Why is that sometimes a guy feels that he has to prove himself to other males? Another words if your GF talks or goes out with another guy why do you(as the BF) feel like you have somthing to prove thinking you GF may like the other guy. If your in love or even just starting in a relationship and your GF has a guy friend why do some people have to prove themselves that they are better? Are girls the same way?

This is something I have been wondering for a while since I find myself doing it...

Last edited by eightball61; 04-24-2004 at 06:45 AM.

Old 04-23-2004, 05:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hoop HB UserHoop HB User
Re: What's There to prove??

I would describe what you are trying to say as an issue of one's personal insecurities rather than trying to label it as one trying to prove themselves.
It is just part of human nature and it is not going away anytime soon. And yes, girls are the same way, but relax, it is not an absolute.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2004, 06:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

Yeah, insecurity plays a factor. Man & Women are prone to this - there is no discrimination here

Love & Trust has "some" to do with it but doesn't need to be based on it as well, he is loves me and I trust him I'm not going to get jealous..

Depends on the mood of a person on any given day, if for instance...a woman who is loved by her husband or boyfriend, she knows she can trust him and she is not jealous or insecure, she could have had a bad day, feeling crappy, bloated, gained a few pounds, bad hairday, picked wrong outfit to wear that day, and is out with her S/O he smiles and talks to a gourgous woman he may know, or accidentaly bumps into her, presses up against her boobs..BANG...WOW...Pulse goes up and flames sparks...
But, crap...she gets ****** at him...When in fact she's just not in the mood of sharing her S/O for that given night...

Sometimes it's a feeling of Territorial markings...Yeah, I know it sounds like a dog thing...BY THE WAY...my beautiful Black Lab...freakin whines, barks, and gets all wound up when my boyfriend is attacking me for some lovings, kisses, or just horse playing...The dog goes ballictic if he is kissing me or hugging me...

Oh, and that little story I mentioned above..if you haven't figured it out yet...
Yeah.... that's me... Ladies, stay away from my man when I'm not looking good myself..LOL

Another "cute" story...There's this local bar we go to, a bunch of us while taking a break from riding our Harleys...The waitress are all HOT, they dress just like the Hooter girls...I like most of the girls there, they are dizty, but nice...Well...one particular night..There was about 10 of us? 5 couples..
and well, all the guys were at the Juke Box selecting some songs, (no band this night) us girls were sitting at a near by table, my back was aginst the boys but I had a Mirror in front of me (of course checking myself out and the vision of beauty LOL) anyways...I was watching all the boys at the Juke box
"trying" to either pick out songs or HOW to work it...From the mirror I watched how ALL the waitress were going over to them smiling and trying to HELP them...LOL again...some of the girls were getting anoyed while I was laughing...but I was giving the girls moment by moment account what was happening, I wasn't jealous but I could have been...But, I have to say I did get up from my seat and when over to my boyfriend and back kneed him which he wasn't too thrilled about...I wanted his eyes off the boobs and placed on ME...Back at our table we did get a chuckle about it and no one got mad or jealous...

Hope that helps make some sense? I too get jealous from time to time, it really depends on my mood and how I'm feeling about myself...It's not my boyfriend...he is a great guy, I trust him...OH, and he too gets jealous from time to time too...It is Human Nature like HOOP said...

hope you enjoyed the Friday night story...

Old 04-24-2004, 06:55 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

That was a great Friday night story

Anyways, I don't just find this in me but others around me. I ask the question because I to feel this way. I feel like I have somthing to prove even though I don't know that person. I know when I am in love that shouldn't matter but I hear people say people cheat for reason. Whats that reason? Is it because you are to soft and let them hang with the opposite sex and they gain attraction or could it be you were to strict and didn't let them do it?

I understand there are many factors to list and the list can go on. I understand cheating or you love may fall for someone at anytime and you as a person has no control over it. But how can that risk be lowered? Can it be by proving yourself?

I feel at times I have to be the center of attention just to make sure that other person isn't. Its not lack of attention but it she/he may be focused on that one person.

Last edited by eightball61; 04-24-2004 at 06:55 AM.

Closed Thread