It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2004, 10:42 PM   #1
(male)

loverboy HB User
Troubled girlfriend

Hi ppl looking at this......My girlfriend is sweet and i love her and all i just have some problems......she loves me and stuff and she says she doesnt know what she would do with out me.....but then she says that she dont wanna live with me, get married, or have kids with me.....and im just wondering if there is a way to help her change her mind (and all she wants is to be a normal person and not be flinchy when a naughty felling comes in) plz someone help me help her.............................

Old 04-25-2004, 05:51 AM   #2
Inactive

promisez HB User
Re: Troubled girlfriend

She doesn't see a problem so how can anyone help? Best you can do is tell her how you feel, see what she's willing to do for the relationship and if its not what you want, time to move on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2004, 10:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hoop HB UserHoop HB User

It would help if you gave both your ages or an age bracket at least. It is possible she does love you but she is not ready to commit to the restrictive issues that come with moving in together. The way you phrased it, you make it sound like she doesn't want to have anything to do with you but she still loves you at the same time. If she feels restricted in just moving in together, marriage and kids will seem like a ball and chain to her at the moment. I think she is very clear in what she wants at the moment. It is you that may be in need of some help understanding this.

Old 04-25-2004, 10:04 AM   #4
(male)

Green1 HB User

You can't force anybody to do something they don't want too. If you really want her to stay with you and consider those things don't mention to her and see if she mentions it to you. Just keep doing the same things you did to get her, and if it kids you really want at the end, just move on, everything happens for a reason. Until then keep your head up, and always stay confident!! Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-26-2004, 08:44 AM   #5
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverboy
Hi ppl looking at this......My girlfriend is sweet and i love her and all i just have some problems......she loves me and stuff and she says she doesnt know what she would do with out me.....but then she says that she dont wanna live with me, get married, or have kids with me.....and im just wondering if there is a way to help her change her mind (and all she wants is to be a normal person and not be flinchy when a naughty felling comes in) plz someone help me help her.............................

Some people just don't want to get married. It doesn't mean that they don't want to spend the rest of thier lives with you. She may just want to get her life straightened out before she goes into all of that. She may have a career that she is aiming for.

Old 04-27-2004, 01:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
Smile Re: Troubled girlfriend

My husband and I lived together. However, for three years, he would not talk about marriage or children. I guess he was scared. We broke up and he realized how much he needed and loved me. After three years of not talking about it, he proposed three weeks after we got together. We will be married one year in June and are expecting our first child in December. Things have a way of working themselves out if it is meant to be. Just give her time, if it is meant to be, she will come around. She just may need to figure things out or become 100% sure that you, marriage, and children are what she truly wants!

Old 04-27-2004, 02:15 PM   #7
Inactive

Ninispjc HB User

Sounds like you've gotten some good advice here. If she's young, early to mid-20s, it could just be she's not ready for marriage and in another 5 years, she will be. It doesn't mean she's troubled. It just means you want different things out of life right now. The question is, are you willing to keep things the way they are now, or are you in a hurry for marriage and kids? There's no guarantee she'll change her mind, but no guarantee she won't either. Do you love her enough to stay with her no matter what she decides? Or do you want marriage and kids right now more than you want to be with her? You can't have marriage and kids with this woman right now. You have a choice to make.

Closed Thread