It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2004, 04:24 PM   #1

rock'n'roll HB User
Question yeah........so i'm confused

recently i've noticed that my girlfriend has been getting on my nerves, don't get me wrong i love her and i haven't been thinking about dumping her. but just some things that she does have been getting on my nerves, also i'm getting into the music industry and lately i've been thinking about how having a girlfriend might hold me back and keep me tied to one place when i might need to be somewhere else. i want whats best for me when it comes to music because it's the only thing that i'm good at and that will take me anywhere. does anybody think that i might be trying to convince myself i need to break up with her? or what could be causing me to think like this?

Old 04-25-2004, 09:17 PM   #2

rock'n'roll HB User
Re: yeah........so i'm confused

hey thanks to everyone who's taken the time to view this but NOT RESPOND!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2004, 05:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

If you feel having a girfriend will hold you back then you shouldn't have a girlfriend. You say you love your girlfriend but she gets on your nerves.
You love your music does this get on your nerves?

You can have both.....You didn't mention what she does that bothers you or if you both talked about what she does that annoys you. Could she just love you because you have dreams of being in the music industry?

How will she keep you tied down in one place? If that is how you feel that your girlfriend may deserve better.

Old 04-26-2004, 09:37 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

If she is getting on your nerves and your having second thoughts then why be with her. I don't want to sound rude but the only thing you haveing good is you care for her.

Being a DJ in know how hard it is keeping a GF but it can be done. I am 7 months strong into my current relationship. We have our fights but I know she is the one and nothing will stand in the way of that.

Old 04-26-2004, 09:43 AM   #5
Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

I guess it seems that you are putting yourself in the all-or-nothing mindset. You can always create a problem if you try to....as for your question of whether you are trying to convince yourself to break up with her. Yeah. It sounds that way. If you don't want to be in a relationship and have a girlfriend right now, don't. You didn't mention anything, though, as far as things that she may have said/done that would indicate that she is trying to "hold you back," so I can't comment on that part.....

Old 04-26-2004, 10:13 AM   #6
(female)

Plum HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock'n'roll
does anybody think that i might be trying to convince myself i need to break up with her?
Yes.

Old 04-26-2004, 10:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

have you ever heard of the song "beth"? this post made me think of that song...

Old 04-26-2004, 11:22 PM   #8

rock'n'roll HB User

thanks to everyone who responded, i realized that i'd rather be with her than not. i was just thinking that way because it seemed that she was giving up on something we had been talking about for a while, but it was just a not getting along at the moment kind of thing. also just to clear things up for the one person that mentioned if i think she's going to hold me back then she deserves better, i didn't mean that like she was doing something to hold me back i just meant i'm going to have to settle in the city i live in for the next 4 years when i really should be moving to l.a. but after thinking about it, that may be the better choice anyway.

Closed Thread