It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 02:02 PM   #1

Brooke~Lynn HB User
biggest turnoff?

what would you say turns you off the most about someone?
either physical or personality wise

mine is bad breath and dirty shoes!
and i also hate when you go out and the guy dont let you get a word in or thinks he knows everything! (lol i am sure men get tired of that from the girls too!)

(just thought this would be a neat thread to make ppl realize (before a first date, or even a 20th date) what the biggest turn off's are!

and please be nice, if you dont like sothing someone else said remember they are entitled to their own opinion as you are too!

Old 04-26-2004, 02:14 PM   #2
Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User
Re: biggest turnoff?

Ooooh!!! How much fun!!!

Turn offs:
When a guy walks in front of me to the table/Orders before me (or FOR me even!) at a restaurant.

Guys who shave their legs/arms. Back, face and a$$ shaving is allowed!!

Bad hygiene in general. Take care of yourself. I don't want to feel like a preschool teacher wiping your mouth after you eat your lunch.

Arrogance!!! LOVE confidence, but arrogance is a BIG I'm pretty feisty though, and generally have ripped them to shreds in a matter of moments, so it doesn't get *too* far! lol

The "Don Juannabee" You know that guy--he's like Guido on crack....he's "soooo cool" Nope. Won't last long! lol

I'm from the South, so I expect a perfect gentleman...open doors for me, say please and thankyou, offer me your arm.......you know!! The works!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2004, 02:19 PM   #3
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

I ain't picky but they have to smell good

Old 04-26-2004, 03:56 PM   #4
(female)

vcgyrl HB User

LOL! The last biggest turn off for me was, while on a date, the guy ran out of MOLAHH!!!

Old 04-26-2004, 05:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Bad breath, lack of intelligence, and lack of manners. Oh, and a hairy back! Hmm, one more: someone who's not masculine (it's hard to describe but I know it when i see it).

Old 04-26-2004, 06:33 PM   #6

Brooke~Lynn HB User

you guys had some good ones that i even forgot about!

and running out of money on a date...yeah that would make me think twice before i went out with the guy again....! (i guess i am kinda old fashioned too) though a girl paying her way is fine too!

keep em coming!

Old 04-26-2004, 11:58 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

bluesnowflake HB User

I am going with...

-going on a date with a smoker, knows you don't smoke, requests smoking for dinner...what the hell? needless to say. inconsiderate, I was not considerate later on.

-picky about everything/where he goes, has preconcieved notions of a place that he has never been to

-not nice to strangers, ex. doesn't open door for everyone, snappy and rude to salespeople, etc

and last but not least, the shoe thing...geez, tuck those tongues in!

blue

just had to add- biggest turn on, shyness (at first) and the jaw and hands.

Old 04-27-2004, 04:37 AM   #8
Inactive

promisez HB User

Materialistic women. Even after the dozen roses and the dinner they still whine and want more. I've seen deeper spirituality in a puddle next to a fire hydrant.

Old 04-27-2004, 05:12 AM   #9
Inactive

Blizzard45 HB User

Loud, obnoxious, screechy, jumpy party girl types who use alot of profanity to get your attention and can't talk normal. No thanks.

Old 04-27-2004, 06:11 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

A guy that looks better then me,
Dresses better then me,
Talks more then me,
Dances better the me,

A guy that is CHEAP
Thinks he's tough
Wears more then *1* gold chain around his neck,
IS NEGATIVE about everything and everyone,
Acts Italian when he is NOT...

Give me a GUY who wears Levis w/workboots with a cute BUTT Can handle himself in any Social envirement, lights up a room, and when he needs to dress up in a suit...Can carry himself well! OH,,,yeah,,,,I got him but had to weed out all of the above!
If I can think of anymore I will add on....

Old 04-27-2004, 06:46 AM   #11
(male)

jamie17 HB User

Finally! A fun topic...

Biggest turn off on a first date is when the guy is rude, obnoxious, insulting and/or dismissive to the waiter/salesclerk/ticket taker, taxi driver, etc. Also hate it when guys try to loudly and aggressively "negotiate" a better deal or a discount for something, for no apparent reason other than their own need to always pay less than full price for something. Funny: the loud, rude, obnoxious guy also always seems to be the deal-maker... hmmmm...

Hate it when people feel like they have to sell themselves really hard --- you're having first-date getting-to-know you chit-chat and you gradually notice that (according to them) everything they've ever done has been the best of the best, everything they've ever purchased has been top of the line, every vacation they've ever taken has been glamorous and exciting, every restaurant/bar/club they frequent is hip and trendy, every label they wear is notable, and of course, they know Everybody Who Is Worth Knowing. They drop all this into conversation self-consciously as if you're going to like them more because they are so fabulous, and as if you wouldn't have known if they hadn't made it a point to tell you. Eeeewwww.

Oh yeah: and guys who have nothing to say --- you ask a question and they answer in monosyllables and can't seem to come up with anything on their own to keep the conversation going. You start thinking to yourself, "why am I here, and when can I leave?"

Old 04-27-2004, 09:41 AM   #12
(female)

vcgyrl HB User

LOL!!This is so funny, I met a guy for a first time and I was not physically attracted to him, he had good conversation so hey you know sometimes you figure maybe his personality may over rule his un-attractivenes, so we talked a lot on the phone, so I invite him over to see if I could feel anything, lol, he thought he was really in, te he, he had the nerve to ask me if I would wash his UNDERWEAR. Boy did I hurry up and come up with an excuse to get rid of his nasty butt, my phone ranged, and I pretended that it was my best friend reminding me that we were suppose to be celebrating her B-day and that I totally forgot about it, so I told him when we got done celebrating that I would call him that night. The reason I made it up was to save face, LOL then the next day I talked to him on the phone and I was not saving face anymore, it was so funny to me.

Old 04-27-2004, 10:26 AM   #13
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

ooh, call me picky, but i have a lot of turn offs:
picking at their nose in front of me
bad breath
not brushing their teeth
insensitive
thinking they are god's gift to women
selfish
self centered
saggy jeans
swearing too much
lying about their income
abusive to animals
abusive to humans
drug addicts
thiefs
bullies
compulsive liars
smelling ucky (like they haven't had a shower in a long long time)

turn ons:
pampering me when i'm ill (last night comes to mind)
listening when i talk
supporting the decisions i make
telling me i'm beautiful when i wake up in the morning
nice eyes
smiles
excepting me for who i am
etc
etc

Old 04-27-2004, 10:32 AM   #14
Senior Veteran

CoreyP HB User

Good Topic. Jeff are you taking notes? I am.

Turn ons:
Sophia

Turn offs
Not Sophia

We are learning huh Jeff?

Old 04-27-2004, 10:47 AM   #15
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

lol corey....wait till she sees this.....hahaha

Closed Thread