It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 05:30 PM   #1

supastar33 HB User
help i need advice!

I need advice big time, and it's wierd cuz i'm usually the one my friends come to for advice...but on this subject i have none. Here we go...

The other night my best guy friend and I were hanging out (he's 18 and i'm 16). He has a girlfriend whom he's been going out with for like 2 1/2 years. So when we were hanging out I could tell something was on his mind, so i asked him what was wrong. By the end of our conversation, he'd told me that he was torn between two people he cared about very much and that he didn't want to hurt or lose either one of them (that being me and his girlfriend). I knew a while back that he was starting to like me, but I just tried to ignore it and figured it was a phase. But this was real, he was really upset. He asked me what he should do, but the only answer I could come up with was whatever made him happy. Now of course, it's pretty much all I think about... whenever I see him, it almost hurts to look at him. I've thought alot about whether I like him or not since then, and I don't know if I do...I'd never really actually thought about him that way. But the thing is, is I told him I only like him as a friend...which i pretty much watched his heart sink right in front of me when I said that....

so after all that...i really could use some tidbits or advice or whatever ya'll have to give me on what I should do...or even more importantly what he should do. I really don't want to lose our friendship and niether does he.

Last edited by supastar33; 04-26-2004 at 05:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2004, 01:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
Smile Re: help i need advice!

If you decide to date, that is fine. Remember, most friendships gone to dating aren't the same after a breakup (if there is a breakup).

You are young, consider your future. He is 18, going to college soon, will you keep in touch while he is gone? Will he meet other girls? Will you still be friends? I have been out of high school for almost nine years, and college one year. I communicate with one person from my high school on a regular basis, well other than my husband. That has a lot to do with the fact that he is my husband's best friend. Most of my close friends are from college.

To make a long story short, if he is going away to college and you feel chemistry together, you better do something about it now before it is too late. You don't want to wander what if later in your life!

I was your age and my husband was your friend's age when we started dating. I like to say, what is meant to be is meant to be...things happen for a reason!

Closed Thread