It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2004, 10:30 AM   #1
(female)

MissLijChristne HB User
I feel guilty...

I am involved in a relationship (in a sense) right now with a very nice fellow. Or so he used to be. (He is suffering from clincal depression and refuses help...long story) Anyway, I think I am falling for a different guy. I keep telling myself "don't let him turn your head. Get over it" and things like that, but I do like him. We have been friends for a very long time and know just about everything about each other. However, I don't think I would want to risk a romantic relationship with him and have it blow up, and us lose our friendship. I also don't think I want to break up with my boyfriend, either, especially at this time. What should I do???

*~*E.C.S.*~*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2004, 11:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TeTr01 HB User
Re: I feel guilty...

If you don't want to put the relationship you are in right now at risk, then forget about the other guy & don't look back. You're a good person for sticking by your BF's side, esp when he is in need of some help (even if he is refusing professional help or whatever). Just do what is right for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2004, 11:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

elatedgiraffe HB User

You sound quite confused. I'm not sure what your question is? You don't want to be with the man your with now, and you don't want to pursue your friend in fear it may ruin the friendship. So you don't want either one?
First, his depression should not be the reason you stay with him since he does not care to seek treatment. This is not your responsibility, it is his. The choices are yours. You are the only one who can decide who you want to be with. If you don't want to pursue the relationship with your friend, then don't. If you do, then do. First focus on issues with you boyfriend. Work things out, figure out if you want to stay or go. You can't juggle two relationships at once and get away with it without hurting someone invloved (maybe even yourself). Once you figure out what you want in your relationship with your boyfriend, then you can focus on the this other guy or not.

Old 04-29-2004, 05:26 PM   #4
Mara

You have a relationship "in a sense" with your boyfried. Are you having trouble dealing with his depression? It's understandable. It's hard being involved with a depressed person, especially if they won't get help.

You have been friends with the other for a long time. What has happened that you are starting to have feelings for him? If your heart has changed, be true to yourself and your boyfriend. You can still be his friend can't you? Find your happiness.

Closed Thread