It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2004, 02:34 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

realguy HB User
Unhappy touchy-feely woman

What do you think of touchy-feely women who are engaged or married and use it to get attention?SO is like that,i"m not,need a comprimise.All the people are friends or co-workers,some married ,some not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2004, 02:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Destea HB User
Re: touchy-feely woman

You'll have to explain a little more - touchy feely to get attention - do you mean touchy-feely with YOU or with other PEOPLE to get attention?

Exactly what does she do? Always hugging random people - or does she just like being affectionate with you whenever and you're not into it?

I'm not sure what to suggest since I have no idea what she's doing exactly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2004, 03:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by realguy
What do you think of touchy-feely women who are engaged or married and use it to get attention?SO is like that,i"m not,need a comprimise.All the people are friends or co-workers,some married ,some not.

I don't think much of them, I know couple woman like that who are married but need more attention from other men and don't give a craps a&& if they are married, engaged, or dating someone - They just need to be the center of attention...So, women like me - Ignore them - and hope that our boyfriends or husbands do the same - Some men do and Some men don't.
And the men that do ignore these type of woman - they call them ****s.

OH, by the way - I "had" a friend who was Just like that, I hear she's getting divorced from her 4th husband - and she is only 41 - I dropped her as a friend when - She asked MY boyfriend for a Ride on His HOG! She asked him right in front of me...in case you don't know what a HOG is it's another name for a Harley Davidson - I didn't appreicate the remark, she being a friend of MINE I didn't hit her - didn't have to - THANK god, my boyfriend told her -the only person to ride his HOG was me! and then he completely shut her down by walking off and laughing at her!
OH, wait.......I did get to throw a Beer in her face on this same day but later in the evening during a disagreement she & I had about something else, she was getting in my face, talking louder & louder so I could get her point on the disagreement and well I lost it and threw the BEER in her face - needless to say EVERYONE did get to see this....

Old 04-28-2004, 03:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

realguy HB User

touchy with other people{touch the arm,horse play},hugging is no problem,i call it flirting.Am i right.

Old 04-28-2004, 03:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

I would talk to her about it. She may not realize what she is doing is wrong. I heard somewhere, "I don't care where you get your appetite, as long as you come home for dinner."

Old 04-28-2004, 04:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

realguy HB User

She knows i don"t care for it.Says theirs nothing wrong with it.When u smile and touch people for attentio it seems like u can give off the wrong impression.She didn"t get alot of attention growing up,so why does a person need it when their engaged.

Old 04-29-2004, 07:36 AM   #7
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by realguy
touchy with other people{touch the arm,horse play},hugging is no problem,i call it flirting.Am i right.

To me there is a limit to how much one does the touchy and feeling. If its a good friend and they are hugging you or fooling around I don't see any wrong doing. If the person is just someone that came into the picture and started just started up the touch of the arm or horse play then I would consider that flirting.

Old 04-30-2004, 12:01 AM   #8

msloquacious HB User

Well, *I* am a touchy-feely person, and when I was single & unattached, I probably did my fair share of affectionate "flirting" w/my single guy friends. However, there is a limit to that type of thing when one becomes part of a couple; I guess I draw the line of propriety at hugging - it's okay to hug someone, but constant/unnecessary touching on the arm, the knee, the back...that's not very considerate at all.

If your girl loves you, is committed to your relationship working, and wants for both of you to be happy, then I think she should be open to toning down her behaviour out of respect for your feelings. If she has no regard for how you feel and insists on doing whatever she wants, then I suggest you take a step back and reevaluate whether this is someone you can really spend the rest of your life with. Anyway, that's my two cents - and if my BF was that touchy feely w/*his* friends, I would have his hide!

Closed Thread