It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2004, 04:31 AM   #1

ace_chick01 HB User
Unhappy Still in love with him...

Hello,

Me and my guy were dating for 6 months when he ended it late December last year. He decided that we didn't really have a future, as, say, he wouldn't have married me or anything. After the breakup I know that he was really upset and stuff, and I also know for a fact that he loved me a lot.
We had a good relationship. We are both only young-mid teens. We saw eachother around 5 times a week so we were close and could talk about anything.
Anyway, it is now 4 months give or take since we broke up. My problem is I am not over him. I think about him all the time. Before I go to sleep he's in my head, and the same when I first wake up. I still see him almost every day, but we don't talk, and hardly have since it happened.
Another thing I forgot to mention is that my best friend started dating him 2 months after we broke up. My ex sayed he thought they got along really well and that it could go far. Naturally, I was very upset, so I stopped being friends with the girl and haven't talked to her since either. At first, she considered me first priority, but then she thought she could go out with him so she did.
As far as I know, they are still together, but have only been on two dates.
But that isn't the issue. My problem is that I'm still in love with him. I miss what we had and the love he gave me and I miss talking to him, and getting that feeling in my stomach whenever I kissed him.
Am I a freak for not being over him yet? What can I do about this? I would really appriciate some help, I don't know what to do. I haven't discussed this with any of my other friends because I'm afraid of what they'll think.
Thanks a lot!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2004, 06:15 AM   #2

catm HB User
Re: Still in love with him...

You are definately not a freak for not being over him. He is your first love, and that is often one of the hardest break-ups to get over. Keep dating others and eventually you'll find a new person that makes your stomach get butterflies and makes you giddy with excitement when you think of him. Maybe, since summer is coming, you could start something new, a new job, a new hobby, and not only will that help you keep your mind off him, but you'll be able to meet new people, and maybe a new boyfriend.

Old 05-03-2004, 09:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

desertdweller HB User

Just sounds like you need more time. It might just end up being one of those 'god, I loved him, but it just wasn't meant to be' relationships. I'm 39, and I have a couple of those that I look back on. The pain eventually turns into just a good memory and a smile.

Old 05-04-2004, 12:34 AM   #4

ace_chick01 HB User

Thanks for the comments, I really appriciate it

Old 05-04-2004, 01:20 AM   #5
(female)

beezkneez HB User

I am 21 years old and I went through a similar experience when I was 16 years old. Let me guess...you feel like you can't breath without him right and your whole world is torn apart? Like desertdweller said, you need more time. Time heals all wounds and believe me it does. I thought I would never get over my guy and now I look back and smile because he is a good memory and in a few months I will be getting married. Give yourself some time, you are young, life goes on. If you were meant to be you will. There is one special person for everyone and you will find yours one day. Just live life one day at a time and just let it happen. And it will Honey, when you least expect it.

Old 05-04-2004, 06:10 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User
NO, your not a freak....Your hurt because two people you loved the most stabbed you in the back.....

Look, You need to pick yourself up, start making yourself happy, go to a gym, go buy yourself a new outfit, get a new hairdo, and start Looking Good and Feelin Good....

Your ex does not deserve your LOVE or Your thoughts....What he did was a total NO>NO .... Hooking up with your Friend! abd Your so called friend...That an't no friend....They Broke the Golden Rule of dating...You don't date your friends ex after a recent break up....

NOW...You work on getting Yourself together...The Best revenge is Lookin Good & Feelin Good....

yeah,yeah, It bites and it hurts...Well, what goes around comes around so keeping thinking that and someday it will happen to them...By then, you have moved on to a Happy Place in your life and maybe w/a New Great Boyfriend and they are eating their hearts out!

Closed Thread