It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2004, 02:59 PM   #1
(female)

anonymous08 HB User
Emotional Rollercoaster

About three months ago me and my boyfriend that I had been with for a year broke up. One week before this happened he said he believe a break would be good for us and we ended up talking ourselves out of it. A week later I decided this is something he really needs and plus he wanted to be single like his friends( he told me he didnt want to be in a relationship for a while although he just didnt want to hurt me.) He cheated on me once before and things did go down hill from there. He never treated me the way a woman should be treated and I felt that I needed someone who would treat me better. I also lost my virginity to this guy and I trusted him with my life.

Now I am dating someone new. This guy is perfect because he treats me perfectly, he is the best kind of guy a girl could ask for. Although I am having a hard time falling for him. One moment I will think " this guy is so perfect I'm so happy" and the next minute he will kiss me and I think " I dont think i like this guy." It is now an emotional rollercoaster and I dont know how I can just give this guy my all and start the process of falling in love with him.

Old 05-03-2004, 03:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User
Re: Emotional Rollercoaster

Why are you rushing or focing yourself to love this guy? Why can't you sit back and enjoy dating him?

Enjoy dating him and don't try to "think" too much. Love happens on it's own we don't plan or schedule it in when we should or shouldn't fall in love.

If you don't like kissing him then maybe....you don't have any phyical attraction to him other then he is a nice guy and maybe your better off as friends -

and PLEASE let him know you "just want to be friends" don't hang on to him just because he's such a perfect guy for you...or that "maybe" you can force yourself to Love Him or Love His kissing...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2004, 07:09 PM   #3
(female)

anonymous08 HB User

true that. thank ya

Old 05-04-2004, 08:02 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Well it could be if you started dating this guy after for year relationship you emotions are messed up. You body may be telling you give yourself a break and regather your thoughts to enjoy some single time and the other half is wanting a male in your life. You need to make a choice...what will it be?

Old 05-05-2004, 04:17 PM   #5
(female)

anonymous08 HB User

how do u get over an ex though? I know keeping yourself busy works, but I still think about him and it's off and on. I dont talk to him anymore but we do see eachother at school.

Old 05-06-2004, 04:49 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

trystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB User

It really doesn't sound like you have any sexual chemistry with this guy. I agree with girlharley.

Old 05-06-2004, 05:26 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

it takes different people different amounts of time to get over their exes...some never completely do...since you lost your virginity to him, he might always be a part of you....but you just have to give it time and move on from that...

Old 05-06-2004, 07:10 AM   #8
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous08
how do u get over an ex though?
It takes time...Some grief for a long time and some get over easier. I guess it all depends on how much you actually were into making things work.

Old 05-06-2004, 08:39 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

CoreyP HB User

Just another example, that a lot of woman don't like the nice guy. You all like a bit of a challenge? don't you?

Old 05-06-2004, 08:52 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Well, Corey, it might not be that she doesn't feel attracted to him BECAUSE he's nice. It might be that she's not attracted to him, period, even though logically she would like to be.. Get me? Having said that, most people, male or female, like A BIT of a challenge. Nobody wants someone who is acting completely desperate, or 'throwing' themselves at you. It's more attractive to think they want you because you're so special, not because they can't get anyone else. just human nature, i think. but you have to be attracted to them in the first place, there's just no way around it.

Old 05-06-2004, 08:53 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

CoreyP HB User

Got it. Thanks

Old 05-06-2004, 09:10 AM   #12
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyP
Just another example, that a lot of woman don't like the nice guy. You all like a bit of a challenge? don't you?
I know some that prefer a good boy and yes there are those that want a bad boy. The ones that get the bad boy's keep post here or just get treated bad. The good guys lose thier girl because they are just to nice. We lose both ways..lol

Old 05-06-2004, 09:13 AM   #13
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

oh that's not true jeff...i know plenty of good guys that have good women...i've been on a mission for months to find a girl for a good guy friend of mine...it does seem at times that nice guys finish last, but i never wanted bad boys...sometimes ended up with them by accident, but it's not what i wanted...

Old 05-06-2004, 09:35 AM   #14
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliburgrl
oh that's not true jeff...i know plenty of good guys that have good women...i've been on a mission for months to find a girl for a good guy friend of mine...it does seem at times that nice guys finish last, but i never wanted bad boys...sometimes ended up with them by accident, but it's not what i wanted...

I understand and its not always like that. That is why there are married couples staying with each other...because they are happy with each other(to some degree...lol). I was basing on why people break up or are not happy. Many women that are with a bad boy are not happy because they are getting abused verbally and mentally. And some girl break up with the good guys because they are just to nice. These girls are not used of the attention and they just go back to a bad boy.

Old 05-06-2004, 09:38 AM   #15
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

yikes, i'm one of those woman who can't understand dumping somebody cause they are too nice...i understand if the chemistry isn't there, but c'mon dumping them cause they are too nice, what are they thinking?

Closed Thread