It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2004, 02:29 PM   #1

Tweety22 HB User
Delete please.

Last edited by Tweety22; 05-10-2004 at 09:23 AM. Reason: No longer needed.

Old 05-04-2004, 02:44 PM   #2
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: Mother's Day Brunch--Should I invite him?

Hello ,

If he is staying with you over the weekend then I can't see why not you should ask him. You have a lot of questions here and the only way for you to get the right answers is to ask him to come yourself.

Each guy reacts differently when it comes time to meeting family. Meeting family is like the next big step in the relationship. This opens the door to taking it into a long-term relationship and you know you both will be together for a long time.

It is hard to say what his thoughts are going to be about this since I don't know much about him but I am sure he will give you a straight foward answer. Personally, I can't see why he wont come to see you parent and spend a weekend with you. It sound like a fun idea...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2004, 03:05 PM   #3

LuvMyBostons HB User

Being together for three months, it might be too soon to introduce your boyfriend to your parents. However, if you want to, you may ask him if he would like to go with you to the brunch. If he doesn't want to go whatever his reasons are, don't push.

Old 05-04-2004, 03:18 PM   #4
Inactive

promisez HB User

I was once invited to Christmas dinner by a lady, I had not even met her kids yet. Come to find out the dinner was at her PARENTS house, her two youngest would be with her, her two oldest would be there with their respective wives and kids and the sisters and brothers with their kids. Now THATS scary!! Just meeting mom and dad? Thats a walk in the park and your parents may be thrilled to see someone new in your life. It's his choice whether to go or not but the offer to go would be a nice and thoughtful gesture.

ps: No, I didn't go. Although I had decided to go ahead, she turned around and apologized about being so thoughtless of my feelings and concerns. My original refusal was based upon the fact that Christmas is a time to be spent with the family, not a time to focus on the "new guy".

Last edited by promisez; 05-04-2004 at 03:20 PM. Reason: added ps

Old 05-04-2004, 04:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

I agree with promisez.

I wouldn't invite him, It's your Mom's day, Not to introduce your new guy of three months..

Summer is coming, if your parents are having a cookout for Memorial Day or Fourth of July then I would ask your parents if you can bring your new guy over and ask your new guy if he would like to go to a informal cookout.

Enjoy your brunch with your mom and just think what will be waiting for you when you get back.

Old 05-04-2004, 04:56 PM   #6

zeft HB User

If I were you boyfriend my personal preference would be that we met your parents on a different occasion. I just would not feel comfortable to be at your mother's day brunch when that is the first time I am meeting them. And the dynamic of the gathering would change and everyone would be a little uneasy. The occasion is for you and your Mom and your family; it would then be about you. Another point is that you should not feel pressured to rush back you will gain little and loose more. Enjoy mother's day with your parents. I would however explain it to him out of courtesy.

Old 05-04-2004, 06:52 PM   #7
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

I like all of your post and see your points but in this case we are determining what we would do. I am sure this guy may have his own thoughts... Whether its informal or not he may want to go. Her best interest maybe just to ask him and see what he wants to do. All he has to do is give a flat out answer whether if he feels comfortable to go or not.

Last edited by eightball61; 05-04-2004 at 09:10 PM.

Old 05-04-2004, 07:34 PM   #8

zeft HB User

Jeff you are right that it is a personal choice best left to the person; the other aspect to consider is tweety's parents. It really does change the dynamic of the gathering and brings the focus on tweety as opposed to her Mom which is the point of a Mother's Day brunch.

Old 05-04-2004, 09:13 PM   #9
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeft
Jeff you are right that it is a personal choice best left to the person; the other aspect to consider is tweety's parents. It really does change the dynamic of the gathering and brings the focus on tweety as opposed to her Mom which is the point of a Mother's Day brunch.
Well if the dynamics are going to change on her side then she shoulkd ask her mom first to see what she will say about him comong then invite him if its ok. I know my mom love to meet my new people but everyone react different. Mothers dy is her day and she may not want him there but at the same time she may because if they spend a life together then this is something they all can share...The problem is she has to ask these people their thoughts.

Old 05-05-2004, 01:32 AM   #10
Inactive

TruthaboutLife HB User

To the original post. My advice is this. Judging by your ages alone you are both grown adults. ASSUMING that you both DO know each other well, why on earth are you stressing about something so simple?

With the attitude you have at the moment, I'D BE SCARED!!! Because you're making it SEEM like a big deal. Just because someone meets your parents, it doesn't mean that you are introducing them because marriage is in the air. It's not 1956 anymore so stop panicking woman!!! Honestly, it's simple. You are seeing each other and your family are an extension of you. End of.

Just offer casually that you have something going on at the weekend, you'd like him to join in and be there but if he has plans that's fine. End of. What's the big deal? LOL

Last edited by TruthaboutLife; 05-05-2004 at 01:36 AM.

Old 05-05-2004, 06:21 AM   #11
Veteran

supertrooper HB User

I don't know how much you see your mother these days, but it seems to me that using this occassion to introduce him might take away from your mother's time with you. Maybe you could all get together the night before for a drink. First meetings can be stressful for both sides so don't let this take away from your mom's day.

Closed Thread