It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2004, 08:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

realguy HB User
Unhappy a bad fling with a coworker

How does a person deal with the aftermath of a fling that ended badly with a coworker?Years later the person's back and talking bad about it.It was a mistake and i thought it was done with it.Most people didn"t know about it then.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2004, 05:49 AM   #2
Inactive

promisez HB User
Re: a bad fling with a coworker

Simply say "Thats such old news that if you would like me to bring you up to date Jimmy Carter is President. It will only mean something to others if it affects you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2004, 07:35 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

millpark26 HB User

I would simply be the bigger person and say nothing at all.

Old 05-14-2004, 09:49 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Its old news like most are saying. You suffered through the workplace romance and probably won't go back to it. You are done with this as far as your concerned by why is she still talking about it? Is she a lonely gal around the office and no one likes her? Or do you think she like you again?

Well does seem you share no interest for her so ignore it or tell her to stop. If she doesn't stop then report it to HR because thats harassment at the workplace.

Last edited by eightball61; 05-14-2004 at 10:19 AM.

Old 05-14-2004, 10:10 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

smartgal HB User

I would go to the person and let them know that I'm sorry if they still harbored resentment, but to talk about my personal life at work is unacceptable. It will not win them any friends and will open them up as a target for gossip. I had a friend do that to me. She not only started telling my business, but made up some juicy additions. I sent her an email and told her to stop talking about me at work (I was to angry to have a face to face discussion). People actually thought much less of her because she ranted and raved, and gave me credit for holding my tongue.

Closed Thread