It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2004, 09:16 PM   #1

yoursmileyface1 HB User
misguided friendship

I have a big problem with one of my friendships. When I first started my job I met this guy and we became friends. He had a big personal problem I tried to help him with. Ever since then we became good friends or so I thought. Recently we usually have disagreements and stop talking to each other but then we make up and start talking again. I sometimes feel the friendship is onesided because he seems to be talking about himself and his problems most of the time. Or when he sees me at work he sometimes doesn't acknowledge me or avoids me, but when I ask him about this he says its in my head. Sometimes I bring him breakfast or give him a piece of birthday cake we have at work and he never says thank you. Everytime this happens or no matter how mad or hurt I get I still feel like talking to him again. I don't understand why I can't let go of this friendship. Could it mean more to me than friendship? He also tells me he's glad we talk and thanks me for being there for him. Is this really a friendship or should I stop wasting my time on him???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2004, 09:12 AM   #2
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: misguided friendship

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoursmileyface1
I don't understand why I can't let go of this friendship. Could it mean more to me than friendship? He also tells me he's glad we talk and thanks me for being there for him. Is this really a friendship or should I stop wasting my time on him???
It sound like there is a hidden bond that is more than friendship and he seems to scared to get the relationship any further. If you have these feelings for him then maybe its time that the both of you talk and you can express your feelings but you need to know why things are the way there are...It could be he is shy or just hidding his feelings.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread