It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2004, 09:50 AM   #16

Red Velvet HB User
Re: Any Opinion......

Sophia, I totally agree with GirlHarley...I met my boyfriend at a wedding, and he was an eligible bachelor! My major point is that looking for love generally makes love more difficult to find.

Have a good time!

Old 05-19-2004, 09:59 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlHarley
Sophia, instead of having a date for your sister's wedding go alone or w/a girfriend..This is your family gathering and think about it...do you want to spend the day flirting with some eligible bachelors you may or may not meet or do you want to sit at a table enteraining a guy who doesn't know any family memebers. AND please don't go off into the night w/some guy who is looking to score for the night.
Well, I pretty much know everyone on the guest list and it doesn't look too promising in the single guy department LOL. But I'll have a good time anyway. As long as I'm armed with lots of tubes of waterproof mascara. I can get emotional easily...

And I promise you, I will NOT go with any "hot" drunk men off to their cottage. Ha, ha, funny you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2004, 10:28 AM   #18
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaM

And I promise you, I will NOT go with any "hot" drunk men off to their cottage. Ha, ha, funny you.
If he had a palace though you may want to double think that because the dude may have money.

Overall, though it good to know that you will watch yourself and still have a good time. Wedding are fun to go to. Being a dj I enjoy them all the time. I can't wait till I get married just so I can have fun at the reception with family and friends but that only last a few hours so I can wait because I am not ready nor finacially ready for a family life yet.

And to the poster this makes sense in a way... Wait until YOU are ready to date & if it came to marriage wait till YOU BOTH are ready.

Old 05-19-2004, 05:30 PM   #19

sookchi HB User
Lightbulb Re: Any Opinion......

Thanks for all of your advice guys....glad u all got a good discussion out of it. Jeff... we are not friends (my ex and i) I just need him out of my life. But I will not date until I am ready. I dont know how long that will be i have never just dated people I was always serious about them. With my ex it was love. I still hurt (hell it has only been two weeks!) and cry. He doesnt get the point that I broke up with him cauz he cheated and then slapped me! He thinks I was doing it cauz I was interested in someone else! Which of course is not true...I just cant be with him. Oh well *sigh* life is a strange thing isnt it.

Sookchi

Last edited by sookchi; 05-19-2004 at 05:31 PM.

Old 05-19-2004, 08:35 PM   #20
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookchi
He doesnt get the point that I broke up with him cauz he cheated and then slapped me!

Sookchi

Wow he slapped you thats is not manly of him. You said that you are not friends with him but with all this why dont you just break the communication barrier. This guy needs out of your life and you are the only one to stop him. Don't talk to him on the phone, see him, IM him, ect.

you know that you need out but for some reason your are trapped.... Why is that...Take ot all and just stop talking to him. He is a dog for cheating and slapping you.

Old 05-20-2004, 05:39 AM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

Let me get this straight.

Your boyfriend cheats on you, slaps you because he got caught, you break it off w/him, then he accuses you of cheating on him. What a hell of a guy.
Nice way to shift the blame of his own shortcomings.

Then why did you post that your ex wants you to start dating someone else so he can move on w/his life? Did he really say that?

Well if all of this is what I'm reading...

This is something that you do know.
You fell in love w/this guy.
He cheats on you.
Hits you.
Then blames you.

This is something you have learned.
He doesn't love you because when you are in love there should be no need to cheat...and Slapping someone and Love don't go together.
Wipe your tears, stay away from him, take a break and when your ready move on w/your life.

Old 05-20-2004, 05:47 AM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

trystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB User

So he cheated on you, slapped you AND accused you of going after another man. Yeah, real nice guy. He is not worth another thought on your part. Jeff is right about cutting off all possible communication.

Last edited by trystme; 05-20-2004 at 05:55 AM. Reason: part of the reply was to anothe thread.

Old 05-20-2004, 07:22 AM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Trust me, men who cheat and slap you are NOT worth it. I had one ex-boyfriend who slapped me. He's a jerk and I am sure no woman will ever be happy with him. I'm just glad it won't be me. In time you will realize this too, but it's very important that you stay away from him and refuse to talk to him completely. Please.

Old 05-20-2004, 04:52 PM   #24

sookchi HB User
Cool Re: Any Opinion......

Thanx guys. I intend to stay away as soon as I have sorted every thing out. You see... we still have a lease together and a fair bit of my stuff is still at 'our' (i use that term loosly) apartment. I have to get the bond back and my stuff.... then I can get on with my life. He keeps asking me "Have you found someone else yet? You need to find someone else". He also still trys to protect me... old habits die hard I suppose....? Oh well time is on my side.... I am a very pacient person.

Sookchi

Old 05-20-2004, 07:21 PM   #25
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Thanx guys. I intend to stay away as soon as I have sorted every thing out. You see... we still have a lease together and a fair bit of my stuff is still at 'our' (i use that term loosly) apartment. I have to get the bond back and my stuff.... then I can get on with my life. He keeps asking me "Have you found someone else yet? You need to find someone else". He also still trys to protect me... old habits die hard I suppose....? Oh well time is on my side.... I am a very pacient person.

Sookchi

what is there to sort out??? He cheated and physically abused you....Do you want to marry dog like this???

You may have a lot together but the best thig to do is just get out. You may lose some money on the deal with the things you share but remember you made the best decision by leaving. This is about YOU not anything else and take care of you.

Old 05-21-2004, 09:41 AM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:

Sookchi
The next time he bothers you about finding someone else (which I think is his way of "trying" to be cool, like he doesn't care. but in fact it shows insecurity; so transparent), you tell him "Oh, yes, I already found someone." That will shut him up. Sort out your stuff as soon as possible and tell him au revoir. You don't need someone like that in your life.

Closed Thread