It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2004, 07:43 AM   #1

rez1 HB User
Need help in a bad way!

I recently broke up with my girlfriend which in turn let me persue a girl who i go to school with that says she likes me. So we chilled one day hooked up just kissed and some other small stuff and all was good.

I call her the next day and we talk for a few minutes and we agree to hang out the night after which happened to be last nite. So of course she blows me off until 10 when she calls me and gives an excuse of her needing to go to the gym which i don't think was true and if she did go theres no way it took her that long. well when she got home from the gym she was at her friends house and said she would call me when she got home. Me being the short tempered ***** I am told her not to bother calling me when she got home and hung up on her lol. So do you think this girl actually likes me or what? She told me straight up she like me wanted to date me and this and that we also hooked up. I dunno what to do help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2004, 07:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User
Re: Need help in a bad way!

I'm sorry but what does "hook up" exactly mean? Going on a date? I must be getting old LOL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2004, 08:09 AM   #3

rez1 HB User

sorry i should've clarified. I hung out with her at night then we went back to her place were holding each other then kissed.

Old 05-20-2004, 08:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rez1
sorry i should've clarified. I hung out with her at night then we went back to her place were holding each other then kissed.
Ok, well, it definitely looks like she likes you. Why would she kiss you otherwise? Just take it easy, one day at a time. Ask her out on dates and see if she responds in a positive way. Oh, and don't push for sexual things too much. It could be a big turn off to a girl. YOu want to make her feel you like her for her, not just her body. Take it slow and build a relationship over time. That always works best.

Old 05-20-2004, 07:59 PM   #5
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaM
I'm sorry but what does "hook up" exactly mean? Going on a date? I must be getting old LOL

Hook up~ is a a modern term to go out on a date. Just a slang

Old 05-20-2004, 08:01 PM   #6
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rez1
I recently broke up with my girlfriend which in turn let me persue a girl who i go to school with that says she likes me. So we chilled one day hooked up just kissed and some other small stuff and all was good.

I call her the next day and we talk for a few minutes and we agree to hang out the night after which happened to be last nite. So of course she blows me off until 10 when she calls me and gives an excuse of her needing to go to the gym which i don't think was true and if she did go theres no way it took her that long. well when she got home from the gym she was at her friends house and said she would call me when she got home. Me being the short tempered ***** I am told her not to bother calling me when she got home and hung up on her lol. So do you think this girl actually likes me or what? She told me straight up she like me wanted to date me and this and that we also hooked up. I dunno what to do help!
to me its hard to tell if she likes you. Yes, she did kiss you but you both were supose to hook up which she came up with a lot of excuses not to do so.

I would still try asking he out one more time. If she follows through then just forget her because for some reason she is not putting any effort into this at all.

Last edited by eightball61; 05-20-2004 at 08:02 PM.

Old 05-21-2004, 08:11 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

yep, ask her out again...if she continues to put you off then she might be one of those girls that wanted you for a bootie call...and when she didn't get it, blew you off...but i could be waaay off target...

Old 05-21-2004, 11:31 AM   #8

blueangel26 HB User

Don't waste your time. If a girl really likes you she gonn'a make sure she can talk to you, spend time with whatever. If she's already playing with your head and confusing you she probably either wants something or trying to make someone jealous. Be careful girls are tricky and personally you can't always trust them and this is coming from a girl.

Old 05-21-2004, 03:47 PM   #9
Inactive

Ninispjc HB User

You say in your original post that you agreed to hang out the next night after you first hooked up. Did you agree on a set time, or was it "I'll call you sometime tomorrow?" If you agreed on a time and she blew off that time and didn't call until 10 p.m., then I'd say you had reason to be mad. If you agreed that she'd contact you sometime, it's possible she considers 10 pm early enough in the evening to call someone and still go out and do something. I think you may have jumped the gun by getting mad with her and hanging up on her and THEN wondering what the deald was. Usually, you find out what the deal is first, then if you have good reason, then never contact the person again. If she's really really beautiful and popular, she may have already moved on after you hung up on her. Really beautiful women don't put up with a lot of crud because they don't have to. I knew an extremely gorgeous, supermodel looking girl who was as sweet and fun, open, friendly and down to earth as could be, but you mess up once and she was gone. Why? Because she was beautiful enough to get any, and I mean ANY man she wanted. Every time she walked into a room, she had the undivided attention of every man in the place. She didn't play men by any means, she just didn't take any junk at all. If you're still truly interested in this girl, I suggest calling her up and first off apologize for losing your temper and hanging up on her. Then ask her if she'd still like to spend time with you. If you get shot down, you get shot down, that's love, but then at least you'll know.

Closed Thread