It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2004, 04:01 PM   #1

dark_angel HB User
how do i get over him?

this has nothing to do with the guy from my last post. but this other guy i was going out with for about a year and a few months and we broke up about a month ago. im still totaly in love with him, and we kinda started dating, i guess you would say, a little after we broke up. well he moved back in with his dad and now ill never get to see him at all. i knew i would have to let him go sooner or later. but how do i realise that i have to move on and get over him. it seems like my whole life is a novel that just keeps getting more complicating.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2004, 04:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User
Re: how do i get over him?

One day at a time.....If you survived today..tomorrow will be easier...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2004, 12:41 AM   #3

sh4014 HB User

sam hi it takes time to mind a broken heart, say i cry today but not tomorrow. life goes on.

Old 05-22-2004, 12:54 AM   #4
Inactive

Ninispjc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh4014
sam hi it takes time to mind a broken heart, say i cry today but not tomorrow. life goes on.
I'd say it takes time AND working on getting past it. I host a love song show part time and I get calls from women who are still pining away for an old flame after 6, 7, 9 years. One lady called to request a song for a lost love she'd been pining for for 15 years! I think everyone has to work through it in their own way. Some get hobbies, some travel, some get pets, some volunteer, some pine away until they find a new love. The only real advice anyone can give you, I think, is be good to yourself, do your best to learn the lessons you were supposed to learn from this relationship, and move forward with being the best you that you can be, whatever that means to you. Good luck to you.

Old 05-22-2004, 12:11 PM   #5
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_angel
but how do i realise that i have to move on and get over him.
Only time will tell but you will eventually get over him...Just give it time and dont date unless you are ready.

Old 05-23-2004, 01:21 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball61
Only time will tell but you will eventually get over him...Just give it time and dont date unless you are ready.
Actually, I would say don't wait too long to date again. The best way to get over someone who broke up with you is to replace him with someone better. Sorry, this might sound primitive, but it's the most efficient medicine for a broken heart. If you sit home and don't date, your chances of meeting someone better are diminished. So, i would say, go out there and be social. The worst thing, and i'm speaking from experience, is to sit home and think about your ex or listen to sappy love songs that remind you of him.

Old 05-23-2004, 04:35 PM   #7

dark_angel HB User

i know the only way i would get over him is to find someone new but i love him so much that i cant have feelings for anyone else. ive tried to find someone else. its imposible for me to even like someone else. how do i get past that?

Old 05-23-2004, 05:17 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

How do you get past that? Time
And what you do with that time IS up to you.
You can dwell on thoughts of him every waking moment or:
you can help a child
walk a dog at the humane shelter
visit a nursing home
help your family out
learn to make super duper apple pies
take a fun class
There are dozens of other things to do that help take your mind off yourself & him!

Old 05-24-2004, 07:46 AM   #9
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaM
Actually, I would say don't wait too long to date again. The best way to get over someone who broke up with you is to replace him with someone better. Sorry, this might sound primitive, but it's the most efficient medicine for a broken heart. If you sit home and don't date, your chances of meeting someone better are diminished. So, i would say, go out there and be social. The worst thing, and i'm speaking from experience, is to sit home and think about your ex or listen to sappy love songs that remind you of him.
Its true Soph and I understand that you can get over someone by dating sooner but everyone reacts differently over a brakeup. Some people don't want to date right off but some people do to get over the person that much quicker.

Old 05-24-2004, 08:28 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_angel
i know the only way i would get over him is to find someone new but i love him so much that i cant have feelings for anyone else. ive tried to find someone else. its imposible for me to even like someone else. how do i get past that?
Don't force yourself to get over him quickly. Just go out with with friends and give yourself a chance to meet other people. You mean, if you met someone who looks like Brad Pitt, acts crazy about you, and seems to have a great personality, you wouldn't be attracted to him or wouldn't agree to go out with him on a date? Highly doubtful.

Closed Thread