It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2004, 07:56 AM   #1

brooke_c_23 HB User
Help! Will he take me back????i need some advice!!!

Here is the thing i broke up with my boyfriend because he said something (long story) anyways at first i felt ok that he was gone and i was alone but now its been a while i can not stand it i want him back and i miss him. You see i am sooo scared to ask him because im scared of turn down ( i bet a lot of people can relate to that) Anyways can someone help me think of a way to ask him??

Old 05-21-2004, 08:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User
Re: Help! Will he take me back????i need some advice!!!

Well you are going to have to tell us more. Why was breaking up with him your only option? Were you trying to prove something to him and now it has backfired on you? What it it a stupid agrument or something else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2004, 08:12 AM   #3
Veteran

cinting HB User

I agree with GirlHarley, what made you break it off? And if you want him back, you will never know unless you tell him.

Old 05-21-2004, 08:16 AM   #4
(female)

tara_may HB User

i think that u should just tell him how miserable you are without him and that u want him back.
we can not guarantee if he'll want u back coz we dont know ur bf and dont know why u decided to break up with him exactly.
however as the previous poster said u will never know unless u try.
if u really care about him you will do it.
good luck to u.
tara

Old 05-21-2004, 08:42 AM   #5

brooke_c_23 HB User

ok you see my parents are the town drunks (which im not to happy about) and i feel really bad about it and Corey knows that. anyways we where on the phone and i had like this party thing to go to with my friends and i told i might not go and he said "what are you going to do stay home and get drunk with your parents" that ****** me off so i broke up with him. does not seem like much of a reason to break up with someone but you just had to hear the way he said it and i just feel bad about my parents. He also told me he loved me and i said i dont think i was ready to say it back you know (because i am not going to say something dont mean when i say " i love you" i want to mean it) anyways he got all ****** i can kinda see why. anyways thanks for all of your advice!!bye

Old 05-21-2004, 08:51 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke_c_23
ok you see my parents are the town drunks (which im not to happy about) and i feel really bad about it and Corey knows that. anyways we where on the phone and i had like this party thing to go to with my friends and i told i might not go and he said "what are you going to do stay home and get drunk with your parents" that ****** me off so i broke up with him. does not seem like much of a reason to break up with someone but you just had to hear the way he said it and i just feel bad about my parents. He also told me he loved me and i said i dont think i was ready to say it back you know (because i am not going to say something dont mean when i say " i love you" i want to mean it) anyways he got all ****** i can kinda see why. anyways thanks for all of your advice!!bye
OK, that was a "low" remark you boyfriend made and I can see that you are hurt by the fact that everyone knows your parents are the town drunks so he used it against you. YEAH, I would have done the same thing as you did.
He did not need to rub that in your face...You live it, you do not need to be reminded by this...by at Guy who says he loves you. He was angry at you for something else I would suspect.

If your not in love with him don't try to force it. IF you miss him and want him back, you need to talk to him about what he said, how it made you feel, why he would say that to you and if somethng is bothering him he needs to tell you....NOT, use your parents against you to hurt you. Ask yourself too...
do you want a guy like this?

Old 05-21-2004, 08:53 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Ok, I do understand where you're coming from. We don't like someone else to criticize our family members, even if we criticize them ourselves. Been there, done that. I guess it's because we feel a part of that family, no matter how horrible they might be, and somehow we take it personally when soemeone else says bad things about them. But yes, it was a silly thing to break up over. I would call him and tell him exactly that. That it was just a silly thing, and that for some reason you became sensitive when he said something critical about your parents. Tell him you felt bad because you feel ashamed of your parents drinking, and he just reminded you of it. If he's a good guy, he'll understand.

Old 05-21-2004, 09:03 AM   #8

brooke_c_23 HB User

Your all right im just going to tell him how i feel and see what happens i will tell you all when i find out what happens Thanks you have been a great help!

Old 05-21-2004, 09:07 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hoop HB UserHoop HB User

That was a pretty cold thing for him to say. Some kids are just stupid and don't think before they open their pie holes. How long has it been since you broke up? That is relevant. If you let him get away with this, and just take him back, he will not stop making stupid comments like this in the future.

Try calling him up but don't tell him you want him back right off. You will be giving up an advantage to him. Call him up to say hi, how is he doing, chit chat a bit and kinda ease the question, is he ready to apologize for the stupid comment he maid about your parents.

Old 05-21-2004, 12:17 PM   #10

brooke_c_23 HB User

well its been about 3 weeks or so

Old 05-21-2004, 12:50 PM   #11

kbell HB User

try talking to him about it and see what happens but focus on how you felt about what he said like Sophia suggested. It might be a more productive conversation because he won't feel like he's on the defensive and you'll have the chance to get things off your chest at the same time.

Closed Thread