It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2004, 08:42 PM   #1

leelandrover HB User
Is it possible tofind your soul mate right away?

Hello,I know this might sound really odd but Im hoping that there are some people out there who are older and were once in my shoes and can give me some advice.

My boyfriend and I have been together just about a year.This is the longest relationship either of us have been in and things are great,things are always great.He tells me Im the most beautiful girl in the world on a regualr basis,he takes me for drives and slow dances with me on dirt roads to the sound of the radio,we always talk things through when either of us has a concern,were always laughing and singing together,he never makes me feel unloved or disrespected in any way.He would give anyting for me and I for him.Hes my best friend,the best friend Ive ever had and Im so lucky to have him.When we first got together,I didnt find him physically attractive,not really at all,I more liked his personality but now I think hes the most attractive guy ever and Im glad hes mine.When we first got together he had alot of self image issues and he tells me all the time how much I have helped him with those.We really dont have any issues at all but it just seems too easy.I always thought I would have to date a bunch of real losers before I finally found the one for me,I thought I would have to learn all of lifes hard relationship lessons first before I met the guy of my dreams.Does anyone know what I mean? Has anyone met the person that is right for them when they were very young? Im not that young,Im nineteen and Ive been through alot in my life so Im not your typical young adult but I do know whats out there and so does he,Im just wondering if anyone else has been through this and knows what I mean.Hes my best friend,the love of my life and Iam his.Is there anything bad about meeting your soul mate right off the back?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2004, 08:52 PM   #2
(female)

tpopescu HB User
Re: Is it possible tofind your soul mate right away?

Hi, I think it's possible but I still would take things slow since you are young and have plenty of time. My husband and I have been together since we were 15 (we're 25 now) and we feel really blessed that we were so lucky to find each other so early on b/c you hear of so many people not finding their soul mates until so much later in life. Here is a thread that was discussed a couple days ago where a few people chimed in with their stories.

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=174686

Old 05-21-2004, 09:09 PM   #3

heathermj83 HB User

I haven't visited this site in months, and this is the first thread I visited and it relates to me so well. I have only been with my boyfriend for almost 2 weeks, but he's been my friend for months. It seems that we are perfect for each other, like it was meant to be. I know it's too early to tell now, but it seems like we're a perfect fit. It's weird that someone who you never thought about romantically can all of a sudden be one of the most important people in your life. I can totally understand where you're coming from. You shouldn't worry...maybe it is meant to me!

Old 05-22-2004, 12:02 AM   #4
Inactive

Ninispjc HB User

Some people don't meet their soul mate till much later in life, some people never have a soul mate at all. But why are you looking for something to worry about? You're young you've got plenty of time to figure out marriage and family and the rest of your life. Just enjoy being with this wonderful man and count your blessings knowing you have what some people never get even for one day. Just let it take its natural course and don't stress about tomorrow so much. Tomorrow will still be there. It will take care of itself.

Old 05-22-2004, 07:38 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

elatedgiraffe HB User

I think it is very possible to find the one right away. There is not a specific time and for everyone it varies. I'm in my twenties and have dated several men, and had a handful of serious long-term relationships. My brother, on the other hand, married his first girlfriend. They have been happily married for years now. You maybe one of the lucky ones to find her prince before kissing all those frogs. I envy you. Cherish your blessing. Good guys are hard to come by these days and don't even think of giving this one up to go experience bad times with bad guys. Good luck.

Old 05-22-2004, 08:07 AM   #6
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

It is very possible that you have found the one for you. You have all the the right things in your court. this guy is perfect and loyal, what more can you ask for.

Some young people rudh into things because they want to feel grown up and feel its a need to be married at 20. There is nothing wrong with it but when things are being rushed that can set up for failure.

You both been together a year. I am nt saying go get married to this guy but give it another year or to. things will work out.

Old 05-25-2004, 04:57 PM   #7

So In Love HB User

I am (as the screenname gives away) actually in the same position as you. I'm only 19 (almost 20) and haven't dated much. My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year, and he was really my first boyfriend. Reading your post was like reading my own story, I really believe in soul mates now, I believe that I found mine and I think you found yours too. Don't let the fear that you haven't dated enough (which I've thought about too) end a great thing, I've never been happier in my life, and it's great that you are, too!

Old 05-25-2004, 05:05 PM   #8

Eliot HB User

Good for you!

This is a lot like how my wife and I met. Don't worry that you're too young to find "the one" and don't go thinking you have to see what else is out there. If you're happy you're happy. That's all there is to it.
A little free advice from someone almost eight years down that road, don't rush into it, when it's time to committ, it will be as obvious as the nose on your face- so take your time- remember, you two don't know each other yet. Trust me, there's a million and one things out there to discover and deal with.

Have fun!
Eliot

Old 05-25-2004, 06:52 PM   #9

Jay232 HB User

My ex and I were the exact same way!! Don't take this as bad luck, because him and I broke up because of the 'time factor' we plan on being together soon... but him and I are like that still (we keep the communication going).. we never had a reason to fight, we never wanted to be apart, and I swear, everyone that we knew told us "oh my god you guys are so in love it's adorable!" and I met him when I was only 14!! (hense the time factor thing-he's 4 years older than me) And trust me, I didn't believe much in soul mates, but when I met him there was no arguement at all that everyone has one! But my advice for anyone who's found anything CLOSE to the happiness I had and still have with him, I say GO FOR IT!! Don't take anything for granted, trust me! If you truely in your heart feel like you love him, don't shy away from saying it if you're afraid he doesn't feel the same. I'm so HappY for those of you who share such similar stories!! Good Luck!!!
*J*

Last edited by Jay232; 05-25-2004 at 06:55 PM.

Old 05-26-2004, 09:53 PM   #10

DreaJ HB User

I was 15 when I met my soulmate. I wasnt looking for him, but there he was. Everything I wanted, everything that made me complete. He complemented me, and made me a better person, and I loved him more than anything in my life at the time.

I lost him when I was 17. We broke up and he moved away, and 9 years passed before we saw eachother again. I never stopped loving him, and come to find out, he felt the same way about me. Now, Im 26, and it was a long road, but we have found eachother again, and know we wont make the same mistake again.

I wish I knew at 15 what I know now. Yes, soul mates exist, and they can find you at anytime. If you think youve found yours, take it from me, DONT LET IT GO!!!! Its not worth it, believe me.

Closed Thread