It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2004, 05:05 PM   #1

somuchbetter HB User
more open

i want to be more open with my bf and i want to be able to tell him how i feel. its just very hard. how can i overcome this? i dont want to loose him over this

Old 05-22-2004, 09:44 PM   #2

leelandrover HB User
Re: more open

Quote:
Originally Posted by somuchbetter
i want to be more open with my bf and i want to be able to tell him how i feel. its just very hard. how can i overcome this? i dont want to loose him over this

Can you give a little bit more info on your situation with him? How long have you been together,how old are you,did he ask you to be more open,is HE open about things....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2004, 05:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

realguy HB User

The approach you take will differ with the age and status of your relationship with him.

Old 05-24-2004, 08:25 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

I had a hard time with this myself (being a guy) and I made the suggestion that we keep journals. What we do is write our thoughts & feelings in the past week and we read it every Monday. We discuss after about the entries and this enable us to open up and talk about the problems.

Old 05-24-2004, 09:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

jeff, that's a wonderful idea....another suggestion would be to start small...open up with some smaller not as significant things and progress from there...

Old 05-24-2004, 10:16 AM   #6
Inactive

maak823 HB User
Thumbs up Re: more open

Jeff-
Was going to suggest the same thing. Many times people have an easier time writing down thier feelings in a letter, or through poetry, drawings, etc. What you are doing with the journals is excellent!
- M

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball61
I had a hard time with this myself (being a guy) and I made the suggestion that we keep journals. What we do is write our thoughts & feelings in the past week and we read it every Monday. We discuss after about the entries and this enable us to open up and talk about the problems.

Old 05-24-2004, 10:37 AM   #7
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maak823
Jeff-
Was going to suggest the same thing. Many times people have an easier time writing down thier feelings in a letter, or through poetry, drawings, etc. What you are doing with the journals is excellent!
- M
I first laughed at the idea when I thought about it but it works great. Now if you can't wait a week to talk about the issue then write it down and give it to that person. Writing does make it a lot easier and it also has help me to talk more openly know.

Old 05-24-2004, 11:42 AM   #8

heart of gold HB User

In the first place what is it that is keeping you from being open with your boyfriend? sometimes if you start talking there, its amazing the feelings that will come pouring out, and you will feel alot better. If you feel vulnerable expressing your feelings, you should tell him that you feel vulnerable expressing your feelings, and then go on from there. I agree with the journal idea as well. Even if you do not express everything you are feeling to your boyfriend, just getting your feelings out on paper will sometimes spark your emotions to flow freely. You might just need a little bit of inspiration to help unblock those pathways. I find that talking after a movie which has you feeling more emotional than usual is another way to help break the ice.

Closed Thread