It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2004, 12:50 PM   #1
Veteran

cinting HB User
Respect...

Ok, you guys have read my posts. I'm just wondering what things in someones past would make you not respect a person that you love?

Old 05-25-2004, 12:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

elatedgiraffe HB User
Re: Respect...

Murder, but thats about it. The past is the past.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2004, 01:14 PM   #3
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinting
Ok, you guys have read my posts. I'm just wondering what things in someones past would make you not respect a person that you love?
1. Murder
2. Constant cheating
3. constant lying

Other than that is wouldn;t matter if they went to a mental hospital if they are a good person at the time I meet them then thats all it matter. I may have some worries but I would build on that.

Old 05-25-2004, 01:40 PM   #4

always HB User

although things of the past should be forgotten... they should always sort of, be in the back of one's mind... so as not to run into problems...

i suppose excessive and constant cheating and/or lying would make me lose the respect of someone... [heck, that usually makes me lose the respect of people i know anyways... ]

Old 05-25-2004, 01:49 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

Men that don't pay child support or who do not see their children because THEY choose Not too.

Old 05-25-2004, 01:53 PM   #6
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by always
although things of the past should be forgotten...
I agree that the past should be forgotten but only to a certain point. The reason why is there are things from a persons past that can affect the way they act and think in the future. Even though that is the other person's past its still a part of you in a relationship because that past affacted the way the do things now.

It is very hard to forget your past even though you try to. The mind like to remember the things we dont want to remember but then it will forget clips of the thing we do want to remember.

Old 05-25-2004, 02:00 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball61
I agree that the past should be forgotten but only to a certain point. The reason why is there are things from a persons past that can affect the way they act and think in the future. Even though that is the other person's past its still a part of you in a relationship because that past affacted the way the do things now.

It is very hard to forget your past even though you try to. The mind like to remember the things we dont want to remember but then it will forget clips of the thing we do want to remember.

Don't worry Jeff...Your still so young, when you turn 40 - by then you will be married, have children and trust me...The mind forgets alot by this time.
It's good to have memories whether good or bad, it makes you the person you become..Hopefully a better person thru lessons of life learned.

Old 05-25-2004, 02:01 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Come on Citing, stop dwelling on what your ridiculous ex-boyfriend told you. YOU ARE worthy of respect. But to answer your question: someone who acted to deliberately hurt or take advantage of others would not deserve my respect. Yes, murder, rape, and notorious lying/cheating would all fall into that category.

Old 05-25-2004, 02:18 PM   #9
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaM
Come on Citing, stop dwelling on what your ridiculous ex-boyfriend told you. YOU ARE worthy of respect. But to answer your question: someone who acted to deliberately hurt or take advantage of others would not deserve my respect. Yes, murder, rape, and notorious lying/cheating would all fall into that category.
I drew a blank

Old 05-25-2004, 02:36 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

realguy HB User

If a person is repeating the same behavior in the present, as they did in their past,
then i would have a problem with that.Many people make promises in new relationships,but only a few seem to keep them.
Like the saying "Just because you step in **** doesn"t mean you have to drag it around with you".

Closed Thread