It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2004, 04:16 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User
spinoff: Married Woman

I'm not married yet...next year. But I've been listening to the radio the last couple of days and they said woman between 30-45 married over 7 years .make over $75,000..had affairs....

anybody out there want to share their story..

Old 05-27-2004, 11:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User
Re: spinoff: Married Woman

i'm not 30 yet, so not much i can share...but i have heard myself that people that get married at my age have a lot of divorces...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2004, 11:12 AM   #3

caregiver HB User

The divorce rate is over 50% for first marriages, and higher for second and third, as a matter of fact the more times your married the higher chance of divorce.

My first husband cheated on me throughout our relationship. I was 19, he was 30. Long story short I realized what a @#$@# he was and that I needed to leave, divorced by 22. Second marriage was sent from heaven. Together at 23, married at 25 and had a WONDERFUL time until his illness. He passed away in my arms early in 03.

Old 05-27-2004, 11:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by caregiver
The divorce rate is over 50% for first marriages, and higher for second and third, as a matter of fact the more times your married the higher chance of divorce.

My first husband cheated on me throughout our relationship. I was 19, he was 30. Long story short I realized what a @#$@# he was and that I needed to leave, divorced by 22. Second marriage was sent from heaven. Together at 23, married at 25 and had a WONDERFUL time until his illness. He passed away in my arms early in 03.
i'm sorry about your lost

Old 05-27-2004, 11:16 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

aw, caregiver i'm sorry...

Old 05-27-2004, 11:26 AM   #6

caregiver HB User

Thank you very much for all the gentle thoughts.

I am doing well. I am seeing somebody very special who understands when I need to talk about it, or just cry. I know my dear husband is my special angel now. I honestly think he had a hand in getting my boyfriend and I together. His only wish was ever just that I be happy

Old 05-27-2004, 11:35 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

sounds like he was a very special guy

Old 05-27-2004, 03:34 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

realguy HB User

Don"t listen to the radio.Those reports are used to generate ratings.

Old 05-30-2004, 02:59 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by realguy
Don"t listen to the radio.Those reports are used to generate ratings.
In what way? Please explain yourself.
I've heard those stats before.

Old 05-30-2004, 07:57 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

I fell in that age range and marital status. But I didn't make anywhere near that much money and I have never ever had an extramarital affair.

Old 05-30-2004, 09:18 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

realguy HB User

I have known people in the media{radio,newspaper},they say they have to repotr a certain amount of "fluff" to keep ratings up.Radio will take a survey and dress it up to have people call in who fit that stereotype and rant about it.To say a certain age or
class of people cheat more than another is attention grabbing.I can go to the local
convienence store and find a woman who fits that profile without the money flow.
Many women who are financially secure and don"t need a husband to support them
will get a divorce quicker than one who needs the finances.A company can play with a stat and work it to their listener"s demographics.
Watch the arbitron ratings for the stations in your area.They break down their listener"s by age,gender,income race and when a certain profile listens to the station.
These survey have to have a certain amout of truth,but the leeway is large how they can interperate the statistics.A nationwide survey can be done by a company that owns multiple stations around the country.
If you fit that profile and knew it was based on ratings.How woulds you feel about those stats?

Old 05-31-2004, 09:05 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by realguy
If you fit that profile and knew it was based on ratings.How woulds you feel about those stats?
I'd figure that I was in the percentage of married women of that age who DON'T have affairs - and don't make that much money.
I don't actually spend alot of time doubting the percentages so much - they may even be higher since people who do have affairs may find it easier to lie than tell the truth.
And I guess if it was based on ratings I'd have to just hope that it might punch somebody's button and make them think about what they're doing.
I think having an affair is making the conscious choice of stepping over that line.
If it comes right down to it it doesn't matter how much someone makes - they can still end one relationship before starting another.

Closed Thread