It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2004, 10:19 PM   #1

commited HB User
who do I worry soooo much?

I dont know why I do this or if its normal but I hate the feeling and am wondering what I can do to stop it.It has to do with my boyfriend.I always worry about him.He ALWAYS calls on time,if he says he'll call at nine,he'll call at nine but sometimes when were not sure of our plans we just say that we'll talk to each other later that night,when he gets home.The thing is,I get like a tight feeling in my stomache as I wait for him to call.Its weird,I can be doing something else,like hanging out with one of my friends and Ill forget about it for a while but then I cant stop thinking bad thoughts.Ill try to talk myself out of it and say "Its ok,hes fine,nothings wrong" but then that bad little voice says "no hes not" and I cant seem to get rid of that and the tight feeling in my stomach.

I hate this feeling and I hate worrying...how can I make it stop?

Old 05-31-2004, 05:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Re: who do I worry soooo much?

You probably can't. Just wait until you have children - it will be worse!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2004, 12:22 AM   #3

tropicalfish HB User

This feeling of "bad thoughts" you are referring to, do you mean bad as in, he's with another girl, or he's in an accident? If it's the latter, it's normal. The former, however, is more complicated:

Have you been cheated on by people or by him before? I know this feeling, and it's hard to rid if you cannot trust your partner.. and it's obvious that there *is* some doubt if this is the case.

If you don't already, talk to him about this trust issue. You never know, he might exhibit the same feelings as you. Remember that lateness is human nature.. especially for us guys. Don't make a big deal out of nothing. And this leads me to the following:

Don't overdo it! I've had this happen to me before, and I ultimately broke up with her because of it, because she just wouldn't stop bugging me everytime I was late. Even if it was just 5-10 minutes, she'd interrogate me to see if I were with some girl. It showed that underneath the blanket, she lacks trust, even after time and time again of my reassurance. It gets extremely irritating.

So have a long talk about it, learn to trust the guy. Without it, your relationship will not last in the long run anyway.

Old 06-01-2004, 06:38 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by commited

I hate this feeling and I hate worrying...how can I make it stop?
Worrying is something I went through for a long time the best thing that helped me was Healthboards and keeping a journal.

Closed Thread