It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2004, 01:51 PM   #1

playbunny1921 HB User
just curious

I'm curious,
I know a guy that got out of a three year relationship and immediately got into a relationship with a girl that had just got out of a 6 year relationship 2 days prior. That girl happens to be his step brothers wife. They immediately began having sex and sleeping in the same room-then a little under a month later they moved into a house with her sister and a friend of his. I don't see how a relationship could start out that way and last, nor that it isn't about sex. What do you all think?

very curious

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2004, 01:53 PM   #2
Veteran

Bella535 HB User
Re: just curious

He was probably cheating for a while back. I dont think anyone would just go and start someting drastic like that after so little time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2004, 02:22 PM   #3
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella535
He was probably cheating for a while back. I dont think anyone would just go and start someting drastic like that after so little time

I agree with with Bella535, he may have been cheating. Also, there are some people that need a quick rebound after being in a long relationship. This can go both ways but it sounds as if there was cheating there because I can't imagine this girl with this other guy for 6 yrs and not be emotional hurt to the break up. 6 yrs is a long time in a relationship where many memories have been shared.

Last edited by eightball61; 06-02-2004 at 02:22 PM.

Old 06-02-2004, 02:33 PM   #4

playbunny1921 HB User

They were both my friends, but I had asked them and they had not done any thing physical by the time they got together but they had been flirting and communicating in ways that are not acceptable if you're in a relationship in my opinion. There had always been sexual tension between these too and the girl refered to her relationship with him as hanging all over each other. They guy was my best friends boyfriend and he would tell her 3 months before this girl ever came around that he was too young to be in a commited relationship and he just wanted to have fun. Then when his step brother and wife moved in next to him he started telling people he was so in love with this girl and never felt that way about my friend. BUt at the same time he always told my friend that he knew the only way they could ever break up is if she hated him and they only way she would ever truly hate him is if he dated this girl. This girl has left her husband 4 times for someone else and always goes back to him about after 9 months. So does anyone think this is love or is it fun and lust. Do you think they'll last?

Old 06-02-2004, 02:56 PM   #5
Inactive

Ninispjc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by playbunny1921
They were both my friends, but I had asked them and they had not done any thing physical by the time they got together but they had been flirting and communicating in ways that are not acceptable if you're in a relationship in my opinion. There had always been sexual tension between these too and the girl refered to her relationship with him as hanging all over each other. They guy was my best friends boyfriend and he would tell her 3 months before this girl ever came around that he was too young to be in a commited relationship and he just wanted to have fun. Then when his step brother and wife moved in next to him he started telling people he was so in love with this girl and never felt that way about my friend. BUt at the same time he always told my friend that he knew the only way they could ever break up is if she hated him and they only way she would ever truly hate him is if he dated this girl. This girl has left her husband 4 times for someone else and always goes back to him about after 9 months. So does anyone think this is love or is it fun and lust. Do you think they'll last?
It's hard to say whether it will last or what their motives are. It seems to me that people sometimes want to make love black and white, and it just isn't. You can ask why all day long, but sometimes, you just fall in love with who you fall in love with. Everyone has a story to tell about how someone promised them forever and then five minutes later they're totally in love with some other person who is the complete opposite of who they always said they wanted to be with, or something like that. It makes no sense. It's possible this girl is using your friend's ex and will go back to her husband again, but it's possible it's true love this time. Who knows? Don't try to figure it out. All you can really od is try to be there for your friend as much as possible.

Old 06-02-2004, 02:56 PM   #6
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by playbunny1921
This girl has left her husband 4 times for someone else and always goes back to him about after 9 months. So does anyone think this is love or is it fun and lust. Do you think they'll last?

If her husband doesn't have enough brains to figure that he should just leave her after 4 times then that doesn't say much for him nor her. This girl doesn't sound like anyone that is looking for something steady. She kind of wants it but doesn't. She need to be left alone for sometime so she can figured out what she really wants.

This is not love but who knows. This guy should watch out for her since she likes to bounce around. She is not my kind of girl to begin with. If my wife pulled these trick then after the second time I would through her suitcase out the door also.

Last edited by eightball61; 06-02-2004 at 03:10 PM.

Closed Thread